Go Back   AFA Forums > Welcome > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Please introduce yourself and share what makes you faithless or faithful.

Old 13th October 2012, 03:00 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
lol@u said View Post
Now before you get excited I am not an athiest,I have faith because it works for me But i dont believe in religion at all I think its man made mumbo jumbo.What I am seeking are answers.I fell in love with a guy who is an athiest,I was happy to accept that but found he had an incewssant neeed to mock my faith.This isnt the first time this has happene to me with an athiest man.
I dont want to try and change anyone, why is it that all athiests I meet want to change me?
Hi lol@u.
Perhaps you re occurring issue with atheist men had something to do with the personality type rather than the atheism? Just a thought.
Feel free to ask any questions you like, lots of helpful people here
BTW I live with a person of faith have done for 32 years. These days the faith only goes as far as a vague hope that there is something there after we die. That's cool, his choice.
Enjoy the forum
Old 13th October 2012, 04:53 PM

Default Re: New here

Im still trying to navigate about here ,I am not a troll as someone aludes too Ive never been on this site or any others like it .
Thanks for the welcome from those who actually have welcomed me .Tell me is it in an athiests fibre to be suspicious ?lol
Old 13th October 2012, 04:58 PM
This space for rent
Super Moderator

Quote:
lol@u said View Post
Tell me is it in an athiests fibre to be suspicious ?
We prefer skeptical.

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy yourself here.

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
—Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary
Old 13th October 2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
lol@u said View Post
Now before you get excited I am not an athiest,I have faith because it works for me But i dont believe in religion at all I think its man made mumbo jumbo.What I am seeking are answers.I fell in love with a guy who is an athiest,I was happy to accept that but found he had an incewssant neeed to mock my faith.This isnt the first time this has happene to me with an athiest man.
I dont want to try and change anyone, why is it that all athiests I meet want to change me?

Now before you get excited

I'm not the excitable type

I am not an athiest,

You made that clear in your profile

I have faith because it works for me

Could you share two or three examples with us?

But i dont believe in religion at all

Are you perhaps a deist?

I think its man made mumbo jumbo
I know it is.

What I am seeking are answers.

What is the question?

I fell in love with a guy who is an athiest,

It happens.

I was happy to accept that

That's good.

but found he had an incewssant neeed to mock my faith.

Incessantly? Really?

This isnt the first time this has happene to me with an athiest man.
As a great Prime Minister once said: "Life wasn't meant to be easy."

I dont want to try and change anyone,

I didn't think you did.

why is it that all athiests I meet want to change me?

I don't know. (All of them?)

Old 13th October 2012, 05:12 PM

Ok Kool .My Faith is not in a man sitting on a cloud .I feel I have an internal knowing that none of this is by chance,I believe in evolution,however I believe that is part of the design of all living things,I believe we have only scratched the surface of what mankind has the inbuilt ability to do
Old 13th October 2012, 05:27 PM

No I am not a Deist I dont think im alone at all I pray to god ,which god i dont know ,what it is I dont know but it seems to me that my prayers are heard and answered, now I have faith that they will be.I cant explain it, I dont get on my knees or anything just sort menatlly chat you know like to a mate.

working for me ...

I dont worry about anything since I found my faith
I can enhance my life just by asking
I can help others just by asking
Its pretty kool
Old 13th October 2012, 05:57 PM
Raptured!

So you have an imaginary friend. So do many kids. Most of us, however, grow out of it.

You sound quite sheltered and naive. Some life experience can do you the world of good.

It's always important to remember that just because you believe something, it does not mean that it's true. Always seek out credible evidence, as this is the only pathway to things that are actually true.

Good luck.
Old 13th October 2012, 06:12 PM

Another Athiest mocking my faith! Ive not mocked your views or asked you to explain your reasons why because I accept you as you are .This is where the whole" Im an Athiest" take pisses me off You need proof , you need evidence yet you have none yourself you only have YOUR belief that this was all an accident .A true Athiest doesnt require evidence they are right or wrong they dont seek out others to disprove them they just accept each day as it comes & walks the earth creating thier own path putting all down to luck , lack of luck coincidence & timing
I dont need proof , I dont need you to show me your proof I am quite happy for you to believe or not believe in whatever or nothing,What I do expect however is to be accepted for who I am , for what I believe regardless of your views .
Its callednot being a Bigot
Old 13th October 2012, 06:25 PM
AFA Member

Lol you seem happy on your faith.
Which does make me wonder why you are here.
Please don't see yourself short. You have more power over you life than you realize.
If you have questions please ask
Old 13th October 2012, 06:31 PM

I got a bit upset because my boyfriend used to mock my faith by calling it my imaginary friend , its upsetting because I know its not like that at all for me ,It may be for you because you have no faith & thats ok Im just askng not to be bigotted .
The question was why do people who have no faith feel it nessasary to belittle & mock those that do?I dont mean to put all athiests into the same basket & ofcourse ive not met them all as suggested earlier But the ones I have met have not been happy just to accept me and my faith bthey have gone to great lenghths to debate the fact with me even when I have stated that I am quite content and feel no need at all to question thier or my feelings on the subject .
I just want to know whats the pay off???