Go Back   AFA Forums > Welcome > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Please introduce yourself and share what makes you faithless or faithful.

Old 13th January 2015, 10:55 PM

Default Re: Hi all - hope I'm in the right place :)

It's ok, I didn't want anonymity, just a new name. Thanks .

Sent from my eye pad using blind faith
Old 13th January 2015, 11:07 PM

Reverse liking? Yep that's more like it. Hate is too strong. Put it this way...I strongly disagree and disapprove of people that make money by preying on other peoples stupidity or faith.

Old 14th January 2015, 03:30 PM
AFA Member

Default Hi all - hope I'm in the right place :)

Quote:
Goldenmane said View Post
.... My question is: why hate people at all? I'm completely happy to drag stupid ideas across the hot coals. Fuck, I do it all the goddamn time. Hating people is pretty fucking pointless though.

It is perhaps fertile philosophical ground, the question of whether hate is ever justified. Our military is now regularly asked to kill without hating, and undoubtedly it would be an improvement were it the case, however is indifference any better? Perhaps indifference is a better way to keep sanity in such a situation.

I try to look at human society from a biological perspective. Our society deifies those who lay claim to the greatest portions of the earth, and furthermore we back them up with taxpayers dollars to protect those claims, whether through police or military force. I feel myself reverting back towards my anarchist tendencies of my young adult years.

If a sick old lion laid claim to a pride and territory, the young males will simply fight to take it from him. The females of the pride would have their own thoughts about the matter, but the young males must fight or be the losers in natural selection. While the battle for reproductive rights is not so clear cut at least in the west, there is nothing intrinsically right in the way that society is organised in respect of exclusion from increasing parts of the earth. Of course the "Wretched of the Earth", to borrow a phrase from Frantz Fanon, may see all of those in this privileged society as being usurpers of the earth, but nonetheless any of us can see that human society is becoming increasingly divided between those who claim the earth and those whom they seek to exclude.

What has all this got to do with the hate question, well I suppose hate is understandable in some respects, though as you say unprofitable. I suppose the challenger lions don't hate the old patriarch but if they have to kill him they certainly would.

Edit: I hasten to add that I am not talking about those indigenous tribes who would exercise guardianship over their ancestral lands, but those who would claim to own the land to exploit to the fullest extent possible to the exclusion of all other organisms, including human, other than those controlled or domesticated by the claimant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by wadaye; 14th January 2015 at 03:39 PM.
Old 18th January 2015, 09:38 PM
Religion or Reality, choose...

Hey Yo,

welcome back. Yeah chakra anything gets my hackles up. Loony aunt and all that.

Burden of proof is the obligation on somebody presenting a claim to provide evidence to support its truth (a warrant). Once evidence has been presented, it is up to any opposing "side" to show the evidence presented is not adequate. If claims were accepted without warrants, then every claim could simultaneously be claimed to be true.

History isn't written by the victors. It's written by the people with the time machines.
Old 18th January 2015, 11:09 PM
"Mr Charles Darwin had the gall to ask"

Welcome, again, iamyoyo!
Old 20th January 2015, 07:03 PM

Quote:
iamyoyo said View Post
And why for fucks sake do people keep birds in cages?
This is something I have never liked. There is a park near my house that I regularly run/bike through. An old lady in a unit on the back of the park owns a large parakeet in a smallish cage. Every morning she takes the cage outside and leaves it in the yard near the edge of the park and every night she takes it back inside. Every time I see it I just want to jump over the fence and release it.

PS:

Old 20th January 2015, 09:53 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
Wrenn said View Post
This is something I have never liked. There is a park near my house that I regularly run/bike through. An old lady in a unit on the back of the park owns a large parakeet in a smallish cage. Every morning she takes the cage outside and leaves it in the yard near the edge of the park and every night she takes it back inside. Every time I see it I just want to jump over the fence and release it.

PS:

Its about domesticating the world. Anything is allowed to exist so long as it is completely under our power and dominion

Old 20th January 2015, 10:35 PM

Quote:
wadaye said View Post
Its about domesticating the world. Anything is allowed to exist so long as it is completely under our power and dominion

The problem now is, many domesticate species cannot survive in the wild.
Some birds would, other birds let out would not.
I will not go to a zoo. The last one I went to was in Istanbul in 1989.
It had all these cages of birds and animals. I could not stand it, and have never been to another zoo.
Old 21st January 2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
timewave said View Post
The problem now is, many domesticate species cannot survive in the wild.

Some birds would, other birds let out would not.

I will not go to a zoo. The last one I went to was in Istanbul in 1989.

It had all these cages of birds and animals. I could not stand it, and have never been to another zoo.

I would never take my kids to the circus either. The idea that animals are locked up and trained to make us laugh makes me ill. I don't own pets. I often wonder what would happen if everyone decided that it's actually not okay to 'own' a cat or dog? Why do we need to? Cats especially because they are destroyers of wildlife, and that is their nature. People who own cats and then lock them up at night so they can't 'be a cat'...oh it's just weird ( to me) . Just the same as having your own private zoo really.