Go Back   AFA Forums > Welcome > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Please introduce yourself and share what makes you faithless or faithful.

Old 17th July 2009, 09:16 PM
Rainbow Fairy

Default Re: Nothing supernatural about Canberra

Welcome worldslaziestbusker.

I am also in Canberra. I love Canberra (truly!) but I can understand it would be a frustrating place for a marine biologist. : )
Old 17th July 2009, 11:18 PM

Welcome WLB ,I would throw you $2 for a sing-a-long but there seems to a problem with my computer, the coin keeps bouncing back to me.
Old 18th July 2009, 07:15 PM

Oh. a marine biologist... cool...

I'd love to be one, if it wasn't for the sharks, eels, sting rays, sea slugs, jelly fish, seaweed, corals.... practically everything. Though I do think going out to sea and being in water is great!

Those who care, already knows. Those Who don't know never would want to know. Therefore to think has no benefit but to self??
Old 18th July 2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
IIRC, some bloke called Peter Proudfoot wrote a book on the subject, but it's probably fairly Von Daniken-esque.
Possibly because the city as built is more than a little differnt from the original plan.

I've been to Canberra once,in 1972. The place closes at 5pm,I got lost on that bloodyfreeway and if hadn't been for the National War museum,I probably would have died from boredom. I thought it was elegant but cold. I hated it.
Old 19th July 2009, 05:09 PM
Raptured!

Thanks for the continued greetings.

Marine science enthusiasts, I call on you to read Milton Love's excellent expose of our existence. It's the truth. The truth, I tell you.
http://www.lovelab.id.ucsb.edu/biologist.html

Hello Starr23. I like your avatar but am finding your city a little on the cold side. I tried plying my lazy trade in Kingston yesterday but was thwarted by numb fingers and indifferent punters.

Dave, I'll get a paypal account hooked up to my Skype account and I'll be able to busk from the comfort of my own home.

Cheerio
WLB
Old 19th July 2009, 05:32 PM
Rainbow Fairy

Quote:
Worldslaziestbusker said View Post
Hello Starr23. I like your avatar but am finding your city a little on the cold side. I tried plying my lazy trade in Kingston yesterday but was thwarted by numb fingers and indifferent punters.
Yes it is pretty darn cold at the moment in the Nations Capital. I just went outside to feed the dog and my face froze like this

Quote:
Worldslaziestbusker said View Post
Dave, I'll get a paypal account hooked up to my Skype account and I'll be able to busk from the comfort of my own home.
What a fabulous idea