Go Back   AFA Forums > Welcome > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Please introduce yourself and share what makes you faithless or faithful.

Old 13th January 2018, 02:38 PM
Fucked Off, Working On A Story

Default Re: I'm Back

Another small thought experiment: The Ship Of Theseus.

Under the fictional idea that Zoroastrianism, Xtianity, Judaism and Islam did start out with an identical "seed" god-notion, given divergent teaching, history and cultural paths, wouldn't those god-fictions be widely at variance with each other by now?

One has only to look at the schisms in Islam and Xtianity to see this tendency at work.

Has the Axe of God had 75 new handles and 23 new heads?

vibrators are WRONG and unnatural the bible said adam and eve not florence and the machine— Becky (@SAlNTKARDASHIAN) May 18, 2016

Old 13th January 2018, 02:39 PM
You get what everyone gets....you get a lifetime

Quote:
Boris said View Post
Quote:
The Irreverent Mr Black said View Post
Farsi historian or fishmonger?
Farsi means the Persian language - do you need medical attention because you speak gibberish.
And you were doing so well.

Note: This thread is being rather strictly moderated now. Any insult or personal attack, regardless of degree or rhetorical value will potentially attract sanction.

Like Logic please liked this post
Old 13th January 2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Boris said View Post
Quote:
There are SOME parallels, Boris.

Nobody apart from you has claimed that EVERYTHING is parallel.

There are genetic parallels between humans and chimpanzees. but humans are demonstrably not chimpanzees.
striking parallels

here is a quote from her book

The particular Gatha which provides striking parallels for Second Isaiah is Yasna 44, This is formed as a series of questions addressed to Ahura Mazda,

so what are you saying? Zoroastrianism has nothing to do with Judaism? Boyce is a complete idiot and her scholarship is worthless?

You are a genius - you can write books refuting everything she ever said because of your genius
Nope, that would be you strawmanning the fuck out of me, and blustering away in order to avoid being seen with your intellectual dacks around your ankles.

vibrators are WRONG and unnatural the bible said adam and eve not florence and the machine— Becky (@SAlNTKARDASHIAN) May 18, 2016

Old 13th January 2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
As a small experiment, trying paraphrasing that passage from Ms Boyce literally, without adding any new ideas or playing wordgames.
In that passage she is referring to the "striking parallels".

So what is your definition to "striking parallels"?

The particular Gatha which provides striking parallels for Second Isaiah is Yasna 44, This is formed as a series of questions addressed to Ahura Mazda,...

So when she said: and here is the whole quote:

These parallels, it is pointed out, 'hardly suffice to suggest literary dependence of II Isaiah on Yasna 44. But they do suggest relationship to the same tradition'; and, given the time and circumstances, this tradition would appear to be the teachings of. Zoroaster. That Ahura-Mazda is the Creator of all things good is a major Zoroastrian doctrine, and 'Creator' is his most constant title, which on occasion replaces his proper name.

Here Boyce is only talking about "These parallels" and not anything else.
Old 13th January 2018, 02:42 PM

Boris, if you could cease rage-typing long enough to look, I have often acknowledged cultural transfer between the two religions in past posts.

If you are unable to read, please stop writing until means are found for you to access past posts. Your failure to see what had gone before in two threads is making you look silly.

Last edited by The Irreverent Mr Black; 13th January 2018 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Comma changed to period. Literacy is important to me.
Like Blue Lightning liked this post
Old 13th January 2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Nope, that would be you strawmanning the fuck out of me, and blustering away in order to avoid being seen with your intellectual dacks around your ankles.
What is your definition of striking parallels?

And to a Christian the II Isaiah is talking about their god and to a Zoroastrian Yasna 44 is talking about their god - and they strikingly parallel each other.

And it is just the first of many.
Old 13th January 2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Boris said View Post
Quote:
As a small experiment, trying paraphrasing that passage from Ms Boyce literally, without adding any new ideas or playing wordgames.
In that passage she is referring to the "striking parallels".

So what is your definition to "striking parallels"?

The particular Gatha which provides striking parallels for Second Isaiah is Yasna 44, This is formed as a series of questions addressed to Ahura Mazda,...

So when she said: and here is the whole quote:

These parallels, it is pointed out, 'hardly suffice to suggest literary dependence of II Isaiah on Yasna 44. But they do suggest relationship to the same tradition'; and, given the time and circumstances, this tradition would appear to be the teachings of. Zoroaster. That Ahura-Mazda is the Creator of all things good is a major Zoroastrian doctrine, and 'Creator' is his most constant title, which on occasion replaces his proper name.

Here Boyce is only talking about "These parallels" and not anything else.
I put it to you and other readers that this would be an interesting experiment.

You seem to be a broken record, playing "Gish's Last Gallop". Worse yest, the recording seems to feature only a solo vuvuzela.

Keep going, by all means, if you will, and I will expose the errors so other may learn from them.

Old 13th January 2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Boris said View Post
Quote:
What is your definition of striking parallels?

And to a Christian the II Isaiah is talking about their god and to a Zoroastrian Yasna 44 is talking about their god - and they strikingly parallel each other.

And it is just the first of many.
Vuvuzela solo, again?

Anything new, because your old stuff is either discredited or unfounded.

You cannot maintain your position except by playing some very dodgy games with words.

Old 13th January 2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Boris, if you could cease rage-typing long enough to look, I have often acknowledged cultural transfer between the two religions in past posts.

If you are unable to read, please stop writing until means are found for you to access past posts, Your failure to see what had gone before in two threads is making you look silly.

The point I am trying to make - but its like banging my fucking head on a brick wall - is:

The god of the Yasna 44 is the same god as II Isaiah as they come from the same tradition and are the words of Zoroaster.

Now there are plenty of others but this was the first instance and the parallels are striking.

And we know the Jews and their religion were under the influence of Zoroaster and his religion for 500 fucking years.
Old 13th January 2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Boris said View Post
Quote:

If you are unable to read, please stop writing until means are found for you to access past posts, Your failure to see what had gone before in two threads is making you look silly.

The point I am trying to make - but its like banging my fucking head on a brick wall - is:

The god of the Yasna 44 is the same god as II Isaiah as they come from the same tradition and are the words of Zoroaster.

Now there are plenty of others but this was the first instance and the parallels are striking.

And we know the Jews and their religion were under the influence of Zoroaster and his religion for 500 fucking years.
Nope. All we are seeing is some cultural transfer and a bit of literary plagiarism. Boyce herself would make no stronger claim than that, and was careful to make a disclaimer to that effect.

As I said in the quote above, nobody denies influence. You appear to be claiming 100% sameness, and that will not wash without more definite proof.

You'd want a few academics in chorus, and no disclaimers.