Go Back   AFA Forums > Atheism > Global Atheist Convention Forum

Global Atheist Convention Forum All discussions regarding the AFA's Global Atheist Conventions

Old 11th March 2010, 09:53 PM
GET BENTon

Default Wishing you all the best!

Just wanted to wish all you guys at the GAC all the best and have a great time, I know that you will.

Can't even make the meetup tonight as I can't get the night off work due to taking Sunday night off to celebrate a massive cricket GF win (which is the reason for my non attendance on the W/E).

Can't wait to hear about the weekend, been wondering if there will be many religious attending or even protesting for that matter.

Will definitely attend the next one though!!!

The "hairy diadem" does not cause much affront,
because it is John Donne's euphemism for a cunt. ~ Ezra Pound Axe King
Old 12th March 2010, 01:20 AM
Ice cream stealing feminazi.

Default Re: Wishing you all the best!

Well said JG: Best wishes to everyone from me too. Really wish I could have hung on to my tickets but life throws some little surprises sometimes. I hope there is another convention now that the stage has been set.... (some govt funding from the coffers that we all contribute to would be nice next time too). Enjoy.
Old 12th March 2010, 07:13 AM
Here come the drums, here come the drums!

Good morning team! Thanks JG - congrats on the win but damn, couldn't you have thrown the game so you could attend?

It's just after 7 am and I have a stomach full of butterflies.

Can't wait to start meeting up with everyone later on today

And yes, I shall provide evidence!

Gotta go - have to get the boy off to school then make sure everything's ready, etc etc and head into town later in the morning.

See you all over the weekend, via Tapatalk and pics
Old 12th March 2010, 08:28 AM
Up there for thinking...

*Yawn* - who decided it was a good idea to continue the pre-convention drinks till 2am!? I'm too old for this

No more sleeps left, yay!
“The only position that leaves me with no cognitive dissonance is atheism. It is not a creed. Death is certain, replacing both the siren-song of Paradise and the dread of Hell. Life on this earth, with all its mystery and beauty and pain, is then to be lived far more intensely: we stumble and get up, we are sad, confident, insecure, feel loneliness and joy and love. There is nothing more; but I want nothing more.” -Christopher Hitchens
Old 12th March 2010, 08:33 AM
One half of
Super Moderator

Yeah guys and dolls, I hope you all have a great time. Expecting piccys as well.
Remember the ones that are not there wish they were, so no gloating.

I will be there in spirit. Ha.

Edit: And all of you stay safe, drive carefully if you are driving. No drinking and driving.
Have fun but keep it real.

"I've heard it proclaimed Plato is in the top 10 philosophers of all time, and I agree, because disagreeing with him gave the other 9 a foundation to build their own worthwhile philosophy on".----Loki

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
—Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary

Last edited by wolty; 12th March 2010 at 08:40 AM.
Old 12th March 2010, 08:59 AM
Here come the drums, here come the drums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic View Post
*Yawn* - who decided it was a good idea to continue the pre-convention drinks till 2am!? I'm too old for this

No more sleeps left, yay!
2 am? I couldn't have done it. I shall try to pace myself tonight ... er, and tomorrow ... um, and tomorrow night

Logic, what's the room like? Are you coming down to the centre at 1ish? 1pm is a loose time, what with flights etc.

Do you have my mobile no?

See you soon!!

Thanks wolty. Now you behave yourself while I'm away or you know what will happen when I get back
Old 12th March 2010, 09:08 AM
One half of
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxis View Post
Thanks wolty. Now you behave yourself while I'm away or you know what will happen when I get back
I think I could play up to my hearts content. You will be on such a high that all my transgressions will be forgiven.

"I've heard it proclaimed Plato is in the top 10 philosophers of all time, and I agree, because disagreeing with him gave the other 9 a foundation to build their own worthwhile philosophy on".----Loki

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
—Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary
Old 12th March 2010, 10:18 AM
Ehh?
Super Moderator

Thanks JG, I'm getting fired up for it.

Shame I couldn't make the pre meets but I am doing some last minute birthday dinners instead of on the weekend.

I think my dear mother is itching to find out where I am going but she won't ask ha ha
Old 12th March 2010, 10:29 AM
Raptured!

Best of luck guys. Hopefully lots of fun is had by all.
Old 12th March 2010, 12:40 PM
Up there for thinking...

@praxis room's good! Out and about today so won't be at the centre till registration tonight. See u there
“The only position that leaves me with no cognitive dissonance is atheism. It is not a creed. Death is certain, replacing both the siren-song of Paradise and the dread of Hell. Life on this earth, with all its mystery and beauty and pain, is then to be lived far more intensely: we stumble and get up, we are sad, confident, insecure, feel loneliness and joy and love. There is nothing more; but I want nothing more.” -Christopher Hitchens