Go Back   AFA Forums > Welcome > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Please introduce yourself and share what makes you faithless or faithful.

Old 2nd February 2018, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Hello to all!

Quote:
SEG said View Post
It sounds intriguing to me that an atheist would consider writing something that appears sacrilegious or sinful to others. Why would you care? I guess that I will have to read at least the first chapter.
I don’t see the problem in writing something that appears sacrilegious to others at all. I view religious stories as just that, stories. I am entitled to write from my point of of view just as much as any religious person is. And just because I am an atheist, doesn’t mean I don’t care about religion. It interests me, I am allowed to be interested. I do not intend for this book to be adopted by anyone religious, I do not intend to turn anyone away from religion with it. People of religion just wont read it and that is fine. I have read loads of books where I don’t agree with the subject matter, I actually quite like it, it makes my brain work. This book is about more than religion, it is about looking at things in a different way.

Last edited by EJ_Kellett; 2nd February 2018 at 10:43 AM.
Like The Irreverent Mr Black, DanDare, SEG liked this post
Old 2nd February 2018, 07:58 PM
Religion or Reality, choose...

And a belated welcome from me EJ

Burden of proof is the obligation on somebody presenting a claim to provide evidence to support its truth (a warrant). Once evidence has been presented, it is up to any opposing "side" to show the evidence presented is not adequate. If claims were accepted without warrants, then every claim could simultaneously be claimed to be true.

History isn't written by the victors. It's written by the people with the time machines.
Old 5th February 2018, 08:04 PM
AFA Member

Hiya! Thanks for giving us some insight on your work!