Go Back   AFA Forums > Atheism > General Chit Chat About Atheism

General Chit Chat About Atheism Something on your mind?

Old 30th April 2017, 06:56 PM
I Walk With Dog

Default Re: What cheeses me off

Quote:
pipbarber said View Post
(sorry maroon members but your realm does seem to insist on giving us the likes of Pauline and Malcolm Roberts)
You'd think that, given such prominent evidence of primitive hominins, the creationists we have in the Sunshine State would wake up!

Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky, the majority believe you.
Tell people the paint is wet, they have to touch it to be sure. - George Carlin

Old 30th April 2017, 07:07 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
The Irreverent Mr Black said View Post
You'd think that, given such prominent evidence of primitive hominins, the creationists we have in the Sunshine State would wake up!
You'd think, yes. You'd also think that less than 50% of people elected to the United States parliament would believe god created the world 5000 years ago but...

Can we blame it on Ken Ham? He was a Queenslander. He'd probably stand a good chance at a senate seat if he returned.
Like Strato, wolty liked this post
Laugh at The Irreverent Mr Black laughed at this post
Old 1st May 2017, 03:48 PM

What cheeses me off is the ID agenda being taught as science here in my county. I lament the minds of our secondary students here being filled with garbage in place of real science. And we in the U.S. wonder why we are ridiculed and humiliated on the world science stage. Yes, I am cheesed.
Old 1st May 2017, 05:11 PM
I Walk With Dog

Quote:
MarkFL said View Post
What cheeses me off is the ID agenda being taught as science here in my county. I lament the minds of our secondary students here being filled with garbage in place of real science. And we in the U.S. wonder why we are ridiculed and humiliated on the world science stage. Yes, I am cheesed.
Goddist science is so full of lacunae and contradictions, it's almost like their god didn't want anybody intelligent to believe it.

Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky, the majority believe you.
Tell people the paint is wet, they have to touch it to be sure. - George Carlin

Old 2nd May 2017, 02:44 PM

G'day all, me being one of them there old Fartz who so far survived many road rage and stupidity incidents I can't help suggesting that the roads are dangerous enough without anyone trying to be smart-assed or stupid.

My road experience is limited to cars, motorhome, small trucks, road registered racing car, motorbikes and bicycles and an E- bike. I have city commuted and driven a lap of Australia.

Each vehicle has distinct "special risks" even the family car. We were nearly wiped out on a level crossing, when the driver of our car did not hear the train whistle because the windows were up, the air-con was on and the passengers were getting into the subject under discussion.

My wifes bowls team was hit in a car on a level crossing and one member died - I expect it was the same issue.

We have 5 senses and we need 6 senses to survive the roads - the 6th sense is predicting what might happen next . For example as above - if you are driving alongside a railway line then at some stage the road might cross the railway line and if a train is head towards you .. say no more!!!

Another 6th sense example is a parked car's stop lights come on or off which means the driver might pull out or open his car door.

You know most of them.

Then there is the 6th sense "that a tailgater" is an accident looking for a place to happen, apparently not every reader of this forum knows that one.

Responsible drivers do not panic as much as some other drivers because their 6th sense allows them to take defensive action.

But what really pisses me off is Religion and people pretending to believe - the test is:-

When you are ill enough to be taken by ambulance do you want to be taken to a church or to a hospital?

If your answer is the Church of your choice then you have faith in your religion.

If the answer is a hospital then you do not have faith in your religion.

But we are all great pretenders, at least some of the time.

MT

Easy peasy.
Like wadaye, 142857 liked this post
Old 2nd May 2017, 04:07 PM
AFA Member

What cheeses me off is people idling their vehicles while parked. Its especially noxious with deisels or old petrol ars but the thibg tself is stupid. Its like hey i was breathing that air
Old 2nd May 2017, 04:36 PM
Why do you ask ...?
Administrator

Quote:
wadaye said View Post
What cheeses me off is people idling their vehicles while parked. Its especially noxious with deisels or old petrol ars but the thibg tself is stupid. Its like hey i was breathing that air
Yes, me too. I suspect it's to keep the air-conditioner going?

"
Beer, if drunk with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health."
Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)
Old 2nd May 2017, 06:36 PM
There will still be cheese

Quote:
wadaye said View Post
When pollution from the Mainland isn't choking and blinding us, we get to notice the roadside stuff. Back in 2011, the Motor Vehicle Idling (Fixed Penalty) Ordinance came into operation. However, enforcement is pathetic and so are the fines (about A$55, or at least they were).

There are just so many drivers, aka chauffeurs, waiting for their employers, and they dare not move lest those employers are kept waiting for a nanosecond. And as many of these drivers' employers are part of the wealthy and/or political elite, traffic wardens hardly dare slap them with a ticket in case it's the "wrong car". Grrrrrrr..

_____

If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men. Baron d'Holbach