Go Back   AFA Forums > Atheism > General Chit Chat About Atheism

General Chit Chat About Atheism Something on your mind?

View Poll Results: Most things that you perform and get done - how interesting/boring are they, generall
Very interesting. 0 0%
A little interesting. 2 50.00%
A little boring. 0 0%
Very boring. 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18th February 2017, 07:54 PM
Resident of Fantasy Island

Default Performance & Boredom

Someone once said that you need to be very interested in something that you want to perform well at. I challenge this. I perform well and do things that I find even incredibly boring all the time - 99% of the times literally. This includes reading books for myself, drawing, studying/working, meeting people, going out, cooking and exercising.

Hence, the poll question.
Old 18th February 2017, 10:18 PM
Proceed at own risk

Default Re: Performance & Boredom

More power to you. I have a lot of trouble getting things done if they are boring. Of course at work I do what needs to be done to the best of my ability. I'm a casual so my job isn't secure. not that I would slack off as a full timer.
When I actually do finish something I'm interested in it's pretty cool, because I am a terrible procrastinator.
Like Azurisan21 liked this post
Old 18th February 2017, 11:26 PM

I can't be bothered with this.

Old 19th February 2017, 12:15 AM
AFA Member

Boredom is underrated. It can be a gift, a joy, a pleasure and it can be a very precious thing - perspectively. If you are not starving, dying of thirst, under constant threat of violence, in a war zone, being visciously persecuted, tortured, threatened, in perpetual fear of poverty, losing your job and dysfunctional heartbreaking relationship breakdown then boredom is something that may well happen. Embrace it. Boredom is freedom. Boredom is just the space to think and create and act that hasn't been filled up with thinking acting and creating yet - so get to it. Don't bemoan boredom, love it.
Like knowledge is power liked this post
Old 20th February 2017, 10:11 AM

Meh.
Old 23rd February 2017, 01:29 AM

Quote:
knowledge is power said View Post
More power to you. I have a lot of trouble getting things done if they are boring. Of course at work I do what needs to be done to the best of my ability. I'm a casual so my job isn't secure. not that I would slack off as a full timer.
When I actually do finish something I'm interested in it's pretty cool, because I am a terrible procrastinator.
I myself am similar in almost every regard except... the things I am best at tend to be required for things I do want to do. The stuff I actually want to do I'm not any good at, lol.