Go Back   AFA Forums > Welcome > Getting started

Getting started New to atheism or still in the process of removing those final theistic indoctrinations?

Old 29th February 2016, 12:50 AM
AFA Member

Default Re: Jesus had sex?

Quote:
Strato said View Post
Wadaye: That well trod subject on these forums, circumcision. In response to Goldenmane.

From wiki:'Penis Removal,'

"In some instances, botched childhood circumcisions have also resulted in full or partial penectomies.[4]"

One such thread,

atheistfoundation.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=15626&highlight=Circumcision
There was one sad case which I watched about some years ago with electric circumcision burning off the penis, followed by an involuntary sex change procedure on the child involving castration, leaving a grossly unhappy boy being dressed up as a girl, a few short years of being himself as an adult, and then suicide.
Old 29th February 2016, 11:19 AM
AFA Member

Quote:
c2105026 said View Post
In answer to the OP.....

If a historical Jesus existed and lived to the age of 33 then I'd say it is more than likely he had sex.
And as a Jewish clergyman of fairly high rank he would have been obliged to marry at 21, and of course, consummate his marriage. Mary Magdeline would have been his wife, and as an [allegedly] noble person [from Syria, I think] she would have been obliged to marry.
The stuff about him being a carpenter was absolute wank. Two thousand years ago nobody would have given a lowly carpenter the time of day, never mind become the leader of a revolutionary movement or sect.
Shit-kickers rarely moved the world in those days. In Roman society you could be promoted by merit alone, given enough time. Not in Jewish society.
The story is a fable anyway, and at best, Jesus might have been an amalgam of several different characters. In any case, accounts of his marriage were redacted from the texts.
To continue the legend. After Jesus was executed, Mary [allegedly] fled to the south of France, with three or possibly four children, [Jewish law required a gap of 3 years between births], so she was the Holy Grail, and her progeny inter-married into the royal families of Europe, and that is at least partly the "justification" for these Christian monarchs to claim to rule by divine right. So the decedents of Jesus and Mary became rulers or were married to rulers, and that is why French claims are particularly "strong", but as inter-marrying of high nobles/royalty was extensive in Europe to cement alliances, just about every royal family claimed some link back to the Grail. Regardless of the truth, people believed it to be so, and so it became a social reality.

My source for most of this is Lawrence Gardner's book, and it seems to be more coherent and plausible than most. Not saying it is true, of course. Just a plausible and more consistent tale than many others.

Last edited by Darwinsbulldog; 29th February 2016 at 11:20 AM.
Like TokenSkeptic liked this post
Old 12th August 2016, 11:04 PM

Quote:
wadaye said View Post
There was one sad case which I watched about some years ago with electric circumcision burning off the penis, followed by an involuntary sex change procedure on the child involving castration, leaving a grossly unhappy boy being dressed up as a girl, a few short years of being himself as an adult, and then suicide.
Like the "castrati" movement in Italy which reached its peak in the early 18th century. Very few of the 4000 boys castrated every year went on to have a successful opera career. The rest were just a lot of unhappy boys who could not sing in tune.
Old 13th August 2016, 12:11 AM
Buffoon

In order for something to have sex, it first has to exist in order to be able to do with sexing with anyone or anything.

"'Science doesn't know everything' - which is true. Because if it did, it would stop" - Dara O'Briain
Old 13th August 2016, 10:56 PM

At least there is no mention in that papyrus fragment of the Virgin Mary getting inseminated by the Big Sky Papa

Last edited by Old Existentialist; 13th August 2016 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Word left out
Old 17th August 2016, 10:55 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
Old Existentialist said View Post
At least there is no mention in that papyrus fragment of the Virgin Mary getting inseminated by the Big Sky Papa
If you want to push it she was raped. No consent was given and even the name of the kid was ordered without consultation.
Like DanDare, Strato, Old Existentialist liked this post
Old 20th August 2016, 10:35 AM

So here we are speculating about whether the son of god had sex and we seem to be assuming with a woman?
Did he even masturbate as a youngster? Who was he thinking of, if he did?

So many religions, old and new. And so many references to sex….well maybe with the exception of these three Abrahamic ones.

Zeus’s hobby was stalking and raping mortal women. Even the Buddhists have Ragaraja, in some sects known as the Lustful-Tinted Wisdom King, who imparts universal truths through sexual satisfaction and still considered the patron of prostitutes and gays.

The Tired Old Testament has a lot of rapes, incestual relations etc and a few references to Astarte or Asherah as the consort of El and the Queen of Heaven but after that nothing much in the way of sexual instruction, especially from a supposed omnipotent god communicating and informing his people.

The Snazzy New Testament suggests not sleeping with other married people, nothing new there...ummm and not much else from memory.

Even the Song of Solomon, which, when I was a small boy I was warned would grow warts on my bum if I so much as thought about reading it when no-one was around, so smutty it was, well, it makes for poor sexual literature. But risking the warts I found there were too many uncomfortable comparisons of the woman being wooed to farmyard animals, goats and sheep etc. Even the bit about ‘her’ going down to the nut orchard and having her hands covered in sticky myrhh doesn’t really cut it.

Not sure whats available in the Koran but from the few parts I have read of it I would not be expecting much in the way of explanation or titillation.

The Abrahamic Trio might have cornered the market on dealing with death and afterlife for those terrified of both, but all three seem to leave a lot to be desired (pun intended) in the area of sex for those of us in the present life looking for something pleasant to do. A case of ‘please refer to your local rabbi, priest or imman’.

Last edited by Noah53; 20th August 2016 at 10:44 AM.