Go Back   AFA Forums > Atheism > Call to action

Call to action Call out to atheist activism on polls, news articles, petitions or other injustice. Let everyone know we have a voice.

Old 21st December 2015, 04:28 PM
Why do you ask ...?
Administrator

Default Re: Interviewee required for i-D magazine article

Sarah has published her article:
http://i-d.vice.com/en_au/article/wh...t-at-christmas

"
Beer, if drunk with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health."
Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)
Old 22nd December 2015, 10:39 AM
Religion or Reality, choose...

Not bad. Some good sentiments expressed. I like the idea that its the christians becoming alienated because they no longer own the holiday.

Burden of proof is the obligation on somebody presenting a claim to provide evidence to support its truth (a warrant). Once evidence has been presented, it is up to any opposing "side" to show the evidence presented is not adequate. If claims were accepted without warrants, then every claim could simultaneously be claimed to be true.

History isn't written by the victors. It's written by the people with the time machines.
Like two dogs liked this post
Old 22nd December 2015, 11:52 AM
AFA Member

Yes, perhaps my initial skepticism about the merit of the article was unnecessary. Its always good to read an atheistic perspective on something in a lifestyle publication.
Old 24th December 2015, 08:58 AM
Religion or Reality, choose...

Quote:
pipbarber said View Post
Yes, perhaps my initial skepticism about the merit of the article was unnecessary. Its always good to read an atheistic perspective on something in a lifestyle publication.
The initial skepticism was justified by the way the question was couched. The answer provided did as we did, which is to turn the thing about 'alienation' back to its proper position.

Burden of proof is the obligation on somebody presenting a claim to provide evidence to support its truth (a warrant). Once evidence has been presented, it is up to any opposing "side" to show the evidence presented is not adequate. If claims were accepted without warrants, then every claim could simultaneously be claimed to be true.

History isn't written by the victors. It's written by the people with the time machines.