Go Back   AFA Forums > News and Social > Off Topic > Mafia Game Forum

Mafia Game Forum Our dedicated Mafia forum.

Old 11th June 2012, 01:01 PM
Don't believe everything you read.. that's called "gullibility".
Super Moderator

Default Re: 05-Sherlock Holmes Mafia Day 5/Endgame

Great game by everyone, it got pretty intense. Everyone will note from the zombie writeboard how shocked I was when I realised what an awesome scum team town was up against. I'd almost discounted Xeno as scum 'cause I didn't think it'd be a fair contest, and that the GM wouldn't have done it.

As a latecomer to this game, and having not participated in Ninja Mafia, I felt that there was a marked increase in the standard of people's play since my last mafia foray. It left me playing "catch-up". Which didn't happen until after I fucked up and gormelessly lynched loubert on Day 2. Sorry about that, loubert.

I was suss on LBA and Volts at the time, which was exacerbated by their proxy. Once loubert switched vote to align with them late, and tried to self-save into the bargain, I thought that was telling. Nearly lost the whole shebang for town right there, I did. Sorry, peeps.

An apology to LBA, too. I think I'm still so in awe of your excellent scum performance from Mafia 1 that I view everything you now do through a scummy prism. Now wolty will be the object of my ongoing scummy prejudice, so you're off the hook.

When davo was revealed as deaded scum at the start of Day 3, I knew I was a certain goner. And the math was quite clear: 5-2, me gone was 4-2, and one scum hit and a misdirected vig hit overnight, and Day 4 was gonna start 2-2. Couldn't let that happen.

Luckily, I wasn't taken out overnight. So, no point my thinking about surviving further, just try to use what was going to happen to give pointers to the identities of one or more scum, and maybe bring a few more townies closer together into the bargain. From my perspective, it worked. Hopefully for others, the loose threads I started pulling at, provided a springboard for later town actions. Volts and Rhys were prepared to talk privately and give me a shot at establishing what I was alleging, which helped enormously.

Out of my process of elimination came:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolty View Post
My mistake? about LP calling me out. I didn't see it for 90 mins because I was watching a movie with Annie. Then I get called on not responding straight away?
Yep, yep and yep. Timing was critical, it had to be early enough so that wolty had adequate time to reply, and for people to take the implictions on board, but late enough to limit opportunities for scum to marshal allies, deflections and misdirections against me.

My being revealed as town after death was the icing on the cake for mine, in terms of throwing deserved suspicion wolty's way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolty View Post
We had so many people set up, Threat voted for all the people that got lynched that were town , LP taking a fall for a last minute vote switch.

If Davo hadn't died, we would have got LP anyway, maneuvered others to lynch him.
Yeah, thanks for that. Given my early cluelessness, if you'd left me there I might've ended up inadvertently assisting your eventual win, who knows?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
@LP, have you been scum yet? It is damned hard work trying to think of something to say and your (heavenly) analysis of my posts is spot-on. I was slightly amused when LBA commented to wolty (the PM passed to me of course) something about me appearing innocent and seeming to be following statistics. It was the best general smokescreen I could think of, and not inconsistent with my play in the previous game other than the fact that real logic was completely absent.
You played it well Xeno (all scum did, BTW), I was more certain of wolty than you.

I haven't been scum in a game yet, but I take your word for it, and the scum writeboard is revealing regarding the stress you peeps were under at various points.
Quote:
On the comments on me proxying wolty on day 4, I had no very good alternative, even had I been around (my absence was genuine as a mod could tell you from my logon pattern).
Absolutely, it's just that I thought that once town were convinced of wolty's guilt, the proxy arrangement sealed your own fate, IMHO.

Once all townies clearly and unambiguously voted for wolty on Day 4 without public discussion, I knew they were talking to each other privately and collaborating (and thanks Croc, for that late voting drama ). By Night 4, the equation was: doctor protect vig, vig kill Xeno, maybe lose one other townie, win. And so it happened. Woot!!!
Old 11th June 2012, 02:10 PM
Extant

So, you'll be up for my game then, LP?
Old 11th June 2012, 02:24 PM
Don't believe everything you read.. that's called "gullibility".
Super Moderator

Quote:
So, you'll be up for my game then, LP?
Teehee, hopefully yes. This one was addictive & compelling, even after I was deaded - in fact, more so

IRL commitments are about the only thing that would prevent my being a nuisance again.
Old 12th June 2012, 08:05 PM
You cannot be serious!

First off, thanks Bol for a great game!

L.P. I could have sworn you where scum with that vote for me. lol

I didn't have the faintist idea about who was who, except I trusted LBA, and Davo appeared too quiet for my liking.

sorry I didn't post sooner, been a bit busy.