Go Back   AFA Forums > News and Social > Off Topic

Off Topic For anything that doesn't fit anywhere above.

Old 8th May 2012, 06:27 PM

Default Question Time With Deborah

♪♫♪ Getting to know you, getting to know all about you ♫♪♫

So, I'm coming to the last few weeks of Semester 1, and my thoughts turn to the broad category of "All the Things I've Put Off Due to Study Time Pressures".

One of those things is attending an AFA social gathering, to put a name to a face and generally meet interesting people.

In the interem, I'm going to get by probing you electronically. (Does that sound okay, because I originally wrote "probing you digitally" but when I read it I was all like eeeewwww...).

My questions (there will be five each week) are going to be on a range of off-topic topics chosen on a whim, and based on my personal experiences at the time. (But that's enough about me - let's talk about you: what do you think of me?)

Even if you choose not to participate - no hard feelings, we're all mates here, mate - maybe you might just lurk nearby and learn something new & interesting about your AFA peers. All are invited, none pressured.

1. My waterproof motorcycle jacket: not so waterproof these days It's not all bad - a recent small windfall means I can have a new jacket and I might actually enjoy shopping for once. Any exciting or big-ticket item(s) you're ready to buy or saving up for?

2. I had something to say about espionage but now I'm just thinking about Daniel Craig... Who's your celebrity pass?

3. I sometimes feel quite nervous talking formally in front of my peers, which I had to do recently at uni. I think it stems from that time in year 9 when I was talking to the class about the skeletal system and I referred to the sternum as the scrotum. What's been your most memorable faux-pas?

4. Part of my garden has been fairly neglected lately and it's the sheltered part that has the rainforest-type plants. It's now a bit overgrown and evokes a scene from Doctor Who, where the plants came in and attempted to kidnap Sarah (details are a bit sketchy, I used to watch Doctor Who whilst hiding behind the couch for my own protection from the cybermen).

How does your garden grow?

5. I couldn't watch the last Hawks game because I had a free ticket to the Perth Wildcats MVP Ball & Players Revue for the same night, and I forgot to set the recorder. I had to settle for reading about it over my cappucino and buffet breakfast at the Hilton the next morning. What's your most recent First World Problem?
Old 8th May 2012, 06:54 PM
Here come the drums, here come the drums!

This would be a variation on "randoms" often played on forums yes? I've always found them an interesting insight into people (when they respond properly of course - this cannot be guaranteed here so don't feel bad if/when that happens)

I shall respond when I get a moment.

Meanwhile, nice to get to know you a bit Deborah

iTapped this
Old 8th May 2012, 07:26 PM
Why do you ask ...?
Administrator

Default Re: Question Time With Deborah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
♪♫♪ Getting to know you, getting to know all about you ♫♪♫
So, I'm coming to the last few weeks of Semester 1, and my thoughts turn to the broad category of "All the Things I've Put Off Due to Study Time Pressures".

One of those things is attending an AFA social gathering, to put a name to a face and generally meet interesting people.

In the interem, I'm going to get by probing you electronically. (Does that sound okay, because I originally wrote "probing you digitally" but when I read it I was all like eeeewwww...).

My questions (there will be five each week) are going to be on a range of off-topic topics chosen on a whim, and based on my personal experiences at the time. (But that's enough about me - let's talk about you: what do you think of me?)

Even if you choose not to participate - no hard feelings, we're all mates here, mate - maybe you might just lurk nearby and learn something new & interesting about your AFA peers. All are invited, none pressured.
Quote:
1. My waterproof motorcycle jacket: not so waterproof these days It's not all bad - a recent small windfall means I can have a new jacket and I might actually enjoy shopping for once. Any exciting or big-ticket item(s) you're ready to buy or saving up for?
No, I pretty much have all I could want.
Quote:
2. I had something to say about espionage but now I'm just thinking about Daniel Craig... Who's your celebrity pass?
I don't understand the question?
Quote:
3. I sometimes feel quite nervous talking formally in front of my peers, which I had to do recently at uni. I think it stems from that time in year 9 when I was talking to the class about the skeletal system and I referred to the sternum as the scrotum. What's been your most memorable faux-pas?
When asked by the local Anglican Bishop to say grace at my confirmation ceremony, reciting "Mabel, Mabel, 'round the table, get your guts full, while you're able"

Quote:
4. Part of my garden has been fairly neglected lately and it's the sheltered part that has the rainforest-type plants. It's now a bit overgrown and evokes a scene from Doctor Who, where the plants came in and attempted to kidnap Sarah (details are a bit sketchy, I used to watch Doctor Who whilst hiding behind the couch for my own protection from the cybermen).

As my garden comprises mostly native plants, it grows quite well, with little effort on my part.
Quote:
5. I couldn't watch the last Hawks game because I had a free ticket to the Perth Wildcats MVP Ball & Players Revue for the same night, and I forgot to set the recorder. I had to settle for reading about it over my cappucino and buffet breakfast at the Hilton the next morning. What's your most recent First World Problem?
Expecting my local Coles supermarket to be open at 7am, on the day that they'd moved to a new location.

"
Beer, if drunk with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health."
Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)
Old 8th May 2012, 07:57 PM
AFA Member

[quote=Deborah;299407]♪♫♪ Getting to know you, getting to know all about you ♫♪♫

Quote:
Holiday. 5 days in the Blue Mountains. Second holiday in about 10 years. I'm excited.

Quote:
Sean Connery. Nothing else to say

Quote:
Far too many. If someone has their foot in their mouth, its probably me

Quote:

I plant stuff. I wait 12 months. I dig up whatever is dead, and I plant more of whats still alive.

Quote:
Finding the perfect lounge suite after 2 years of looking (the beagle ate the old one) only to discover that I cant get the chilled cup holders with the blue neon lights taken out. They are not optional
Old 8th May 2012, 10:41 PM

If my knee is up for it am attending 3 half marathons and the Sydney City to Surf in August/September. Apart from that am pretty skint atm.

Wha???

On teaching prac we were discussing a problematic student, I asked 'what is wrong with her'. Well, my associate teacher looked at me as though I had strangled a puppy.

Sometimes I mow the lawn. Sometimes Dad mows the lawn. I use the dirt in the garden to extinguish lit tobacco products sometimes when they are of not further use.

5. I couldn't watch the last Hawks game because I had a free ticket to the Perth Wildcats MVP Ball & Players Revue for the same night, and I forgot to set the recorder. I had to settle for reading about it over my cappucino and buffet breakfast at the Hilton the next morning. What's your most recent First World Problem?[/quote]

Bulimia Nervosa - eat every unhealthy thing you can get your hands on, only to take a box of laxatives and poop it all out....
Old 8th May 2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post

1. Maybe a new (ok not new in chronology) car and i need a serious acquirement of clothes that fit, i've undergrown almost all of mine.

2. Oooh, David Mitchel or Ben Miller

3. The time when i said a girl looked hot, when i meant she looked hot.

4. As a function of time, nutrient level, dna composition, microbial affliction, oxygen dihydride uptake, and coveting CO2 after dark

5. I undergrew my new $50 belt in under a month, and now my pants don't buckle.
Old 9th May 2012, 10:03 AM
Here come the drums, here come the drums!

1. Any exciting or big-ticket item(s) you're ready to buy or saving up for?
We're off to Malaysia in August for 16 days! One week in Kuala Lumpur and a week in Borneo. All and any spare $$ is going into the holiday fund. Can't wait

2. Who's your celebrity pass?
Oooh tough one. Sometime's it's Johnny Depp but the queue for him is so long I suspect he'd be utterly exhausted by the time he got to me and that's no good! So, um...Clive Owen maybe? Or (sorry LBA, but it's your fault I got involved here) David Tennant? Phwoar!

3. What's been your most memorable faux-pas?
Oh dear. Well, I once did the unforgivable and asked someone I hadn't seen for a very long time when her baby was due and how come I hadn't heard she was pregnant? Goes without saying that she wasn't

4.How does your garden grow?
Madly and wildly and we don't do anything with it because we're on a really steep block and apart from Himself occasionally getting jiggy with the whipper-snipper and spraying the infernal blackberries, it does what it bloody well likes.

5. What's your most recent First World Problem?
Having my car being repaired and not being able to get to the gym for a few days.

How'd I do?
Old 9th May 2012, 12:44 PM
AFA Member

1. Always trying to scrape up enough money to finance my addiction.
2. Not into any celebs in fact never heard of most of them.
3. To embarrassing to put here.
4. The grass gets watered when ever I wash my bike, which is rarely.
5. My other favourite forum has gone down and is still not working after 10 days.
Old 10th May 2012, 01:59 PM
I am a fish

1. Any exciting or big-ticket item(s) you're ready to buy or saving up for?
I'm tossing up between a new ankle length leather jacket or all 5 volumes of Neil Gaimans Absolute Sandman graphic novels.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Absolute-S.../dp/1401210821

2. Who's your celebrity pass?
Olivia Wilde

3. What's been your most memorable faux-pas?
Not so much as a faux-pas but I was in my schools weekly year level parade and at the very moment the teacher stopped talking, I farted and the entire grade heard. It was not cool. I was in grade 11.

4. How does your garden grow?

Mowed

5. What's your most recent First World Problem?

The fact I managed to only get Lady Gaga tickets at the rear of the concert hall instead of in the middle because I logged on a second too late.
[odd]The immenseness of the universe - and Jesus sitting on the outside worried whether a species, that happens to be alive during a blip on the timeline of existence, is masterbating or not. Priceless.

[faddishworm]Forgot to mention, one of the most powerful things you can say to your christian friends is "You are in the same boat as Ken Ham, he just chose different parts of the bible to follow".

Theists! Don't forget to read the Great Big List before posting.
Goldenmane’s Third Rule of Public Discourse
Goldenmane's Exposition On Rule Fucking Three
Old 10th May 2012, 04:20 PM
I AM YOUR DOG

1/ Big ticket? Italy for October

2/ Celebrity pass? Pass , not sure what the question is.

3/ Fox-paws? No jocks and failing to check seams when donning Santa suit for sailing club. Later shown pic of Santa sitting with his lefty on the loose.

4/ Gardening? We're tropical so everything goes nuts, especially the triffids. Dumb labour is my task the rest is mrs AUSloth, she sometimes indulges my request for edible rather than decorative. Mmm chilli <picture Homer Simpson drooling>

5/ Problem? Can't find a self-cleaning Webber.