Go Back   AFA Forums > Religion, Unreason and Similar Tropes > Belief Central

Belief Central A place for the discussion of belief or a colony for repeated logical fallacies or misrepresentations.

Old 26th January 2012, 08:20 PM
Raptured!

Default Atheists I challenge you to try and find any contradictions with my view of afterlife

Try to find any neuroscientific, scientific or philosophical contradictions with this

I believe that after someone dies their consciousness stops

But the creator "recreates" their consciousness they had but in a "divine" form and places it in a divine body (includes a divine brain as well) which resides in a "heaven"
Old 26th January 2012, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Atheists I challenge you to try and find any contradictions with my view of after

Hi, Thenewdude.

This is a message sent to all who find their way to these forums.

We like people, and we like facts too!

We're friendly but we're skeptical, and if somebody calls for proof, it's not an accusation. Only the strong ideas thrive here: we try to respect people. (We do not tolerate personal abuse.)

You may already have visited these other handy places:
* New Member Information
* Welcome from AFA president
* For those interested in learning, I recommend the Atheism Resource Thread maintained by Fearless.
* And a quick look at our reserved spot for belief-based discussion, Fantasy Island, includes The Great Big List, a sort-of "things we've seen before" for those of faith, and general rules of argument for the forum.

If you've got questions, please ask. Moderators have red name tags, but many of our friendly people may have the answers you need.

Enjoy the forums. We hope to see plenty from you in discussions.

Have fun.
Old 26th January 2012, 08:35 PM
Short on Faith

Default Re: Atheists I challenge you to try and find any contradictions with my view of after

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenewdude View Post
Try to find any neuroscientific, scientific or philosophical contradictions with this

But the creator "recreates" their consciousness they had but in a "divine" form and places it in a divine body (includes a divine brain as well) which resides in a "heaven"
Welcome, Thenewdude.

Got any actual proof for this concept?
Old 26th January 2012, 08:36 PM
Here come the drums, here come the drums!

Oh my giddy aunt.

I'm not even going to bother with this errant nonsense. Where would one even start?

And of course in fine true belieber tradition, thenewdude will self high-five and shout "I win!".

FFS
Old 26th January 2012, 08:46 PM

Could be right? This is a "Devine form with a "Devine" brain in heaven.
Old 26th January 2012, 08:59 PM
Go on .... try ur luck!

Quote:

So ..... have you figured out why the creator put your conciousness into your current non-divine body? Seems a bit excessive to me - why didn't it just put you straight into your divine heavenly body and skip the icky bit in the non-divine world?

Last edited by Atrax Robustus; 26th January 2012 at 09:00 PM. Reason: mista T
Old 26th January 2012, 09:00 PM
AFA Member

Quote:

Really? That's pretty cool.

I believe that after death, an invisible unicorn actually shaves off a portion of its horn, which is mingled with the essence of the person's consciousness, and that consciousness is reincarnated into a lesser invisible unicorn that lives on a planet in the Andromeda galaxy.

Try to find any neuroscientific, scientific or philosophical contradictions with that...

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Old 26th January 2012, 09:07 PM
Soccer meets facepalm

Quote:

Welcome TND, in this forum good ideas thrive and bad ideas don't.

You assert that someone consciouness stops when someone dies, this is congruent was accepted science and any philosophy that flows from this.

That a putative creator in heaven scans your brain, digitises your consciousness and uploads it into a new body is very, well cyborg like.

Currently Cyborgs are fictional (well medical prosthesis such as implanted pacemakers, titanium joints and cochlear implants etc aside).

But, philosophically, i call this on your arguement for a creator:

"On the outermost planet orbiting Alpha Centauri there lives a race of Fluffy Pink and Rainbow Unicorns who regularly visit earth to harvest our dead consciousness to upload into mechanical sex dolls for their own pleasure.

They call it heaven, the dolls, well best not ask what they think."

Philosophically, this idea is flawed and Russell's Cosmic Teapot demonstrates why.
Old 26th January 2012, 09:08 PM
Where the umbudsman can't get me

No evidence for it, that's the problem.

You want respectful discourse? Learn how to fucking discourse.
Old 26th January 2012, 09:09 PM
Extant

Quote:

Good oh.

I think I should let you know that after that a cat walked all over your keyboard.