Go Back   AFA Forums > Welcome > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Please introduce yourself and share what makes you faithless or faithful.

Old 4th September 2010, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Welcome from AFA president

Thank you for your welcome, I am very pleased to join you all.
Old 4th September 2010, 06:35 PM
Ehh?
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussietyke View Post
Thank you for your welcome, I am very pleased to join you all.
Pleased to have you ... please feel free to create a new thread New members section and tell us a little (or a lot) about yourself if you would like to.

Hope you enjoy your stay
Old 18th October 2010, 08:09 PM

Thanks, David.
I look forward to reading and contributing on matters where the theme is common sense and reason.

Regards,
...Patrick.
Old 18th October 2010, 11:16 PM
Annie
This message has been deleted by Annie. Reason: Wrong spot.
Old 19th October 2010, 06:56 AM
Here come the drums, here come the drums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by northodox View Post
Thanks, David.
I look forward to reading and contributing on matters where the theme is common sense and reason.

Regards,
...Patrick.
Hi Patrick, you might like to pop over to the New Members section and put up a post telling us a bit about yourself so people can stop by and say hi and welcome you to the forum
Old 25th October 2010, 11:12 PM

Thanks for the welcome.

I am indeed a person and will attempt to stop myself foaming at the mouth when something preposterous is posted.

As worldslaziestbusker will tell you, we have had mutual dealing with gullible fruitcakes at our place of employ who believe that: sticking a quartz crystal in one's sphincter will cure piles; crop circles are messages from aliens; fairies exist; there are indigo cats as well as children; stars wink at him; triangular arrangement of buildings can affect the wisdom of its inhabitants etc., etc.

As is clear from the above, this person has no understanding of the scientific method. Indeed, he seems to think that if he can conceive of anything then it must be true. Coupled with this, his diatribes on the organisation's soapbox bulletin-board are so poorly written and with such bad spelling, that he makes anyone with a modicum of understanding of the nuances of English feel like a bleeding genius
Old 9th April 2011, 08:54 PM

Default Dr Phil

Thanks for the welcome. I was born and mostly educated in Sydney,used to be a Sunday School teacher (Methodist/Uniting) but lost the faith in my early Uni days (71-76). I'm now a senior medical professional who tries to practise evidence based medicine, and I'd like the world to practise evidence based living....
I recently arrived to live/work in Melbourne (after stints in country NSW and Hobart) and am now "in the thick of it" just north of the markets.
For the rest of the life story, I may well write the book one day.....we all have a book in us......just need to take time to write it.
Regards to all (if I had a hero it would be RD)
Old 28th August 2011, 11:50 PM

Thanks for the welcome AFA...
looking forward to being a part of this forum, nothing better than communication with people who are in the real world n not fairy land...
Old 28th August 2011, 11:52 PM
Administrator

Hi, amazon196969.

This is a message sent to all who find their way to these forums.

We like people, and we like facts too!

We're friendly but we're skeptical, and if somebody calls for proof, it's not an accusation. Only the strong ideas thrive here: we try to respect people. (We do not tolerate personal abuse.)

If you're an AFA member and need your membership status recognised in forum access, please send a Private Message to Admin, including the name on your AFA membership.

You may already have visited these other handy places:
* New Member Information
* Welcome from AFA president
* For those interested in learning, I recommend the Atheism Resource Thread maintained by Fearless.
* And a quick look at our reserved spot for belief-based discussion, Fantasy Island, includes The Great Big List, a sort-of "things we've seen before" for those of faith, and general rules of argument for the forum.

If you've got questions, please ask. Moderators have red name tags, but many of our friendly people may have the answers you need.

Enjoy the forums. We hope to see plenty from you in discussions.

Have fun.
Old 27th April 2012, 09:00 PM
chrisdas
This message has been deleted by Logic please.
Old 24th October 2012, 11:19 PM

Hello everyone
Looking forward to intelligent chats on a important subject which affects us all.
Hope my input can be of some relevance & my intellect not embarrassing.
Cheers
Old 25th October 2012, 01:07 AM
Administrator

Hi Brutus

This is a message sent to all who find their way to these forums.

We like people, and we like facts too!

We're friendly but we're skeptical, and if somebody calls for proof, it's not an accusation. Only the strong ideas thrive here: we try to respect people. (We do not tolerate personal abuse.)

You may already have visited these other handy places:
* New Member Information
* Welcome from AFA president
* For those interested in learning, I recommend the Atheism Resource Thread maintained by Fearless.
* And a quick look at our reserved spot for belief-based discussion, Fantasy Island, includes The Great Big List, a sort-of "things we've seen before" for those of faith, and general rules of argument for the forum.

If you've got questions, please ask. Moderators have red name tags, but many of our friendly people may have the answers you need.

Enjoy the forums. We hope to see plenty from you in discussions.

Have fun.