Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SYD: 'danger spots' for women mapped with new online tool

Default Re: SYD: 'danger spots' for women mapped with new online tool

Do we just save the smart? For a long time, band-aids were matched to Fitzpatrick Skin tone One. Does that mean that band-aids were not useful? No, of course not. But a lot of people still fell through the cracks. I don't object to making 18-25 year old women safer, I want ALL women to be safer. That is my objection.
    Just stick to the idea that science tests falsifiable hypotheses to destruction.

Quote Darwinsbulldog said View Post
    Do we just save the smart? For a long time, band-aids were matched to Fitzpatrick Skin tone One. Does that mean that band-aids were not useful? No, of course not. But a lot of people still fell through the cracks. I don't object to making 18-25 year old women safer, I want ALL women to be safer. That is my objection.
    I'd applaud, and cry "More!".

I guess we're different. Quelle surprise.
    EJB

Iím not one of the dead ones yet. - Ms Fishie.

No, that can't be!:-)
    Just stick to the idea that science tests falsifiable hypotheses to destruction.

It does look like you're making the perfect the enemy of the good there DB.

The thing that worries me is a comment like this, which makes me wonder if they have properly normalised just for the sheer number of possibilities for 2 people coming into contact.

"What we would normally think of as unsafe spaces, such as dark laneways or being out on a Saturday night, were really not the kinds of experiences that women and girls wanted to share," she said."

If 10 people go through a dark lane and 1 gets harassed, that place is more dangerous than a metro station that 10,000,000 people go through where 100k get harassed. (Numbers obviously just to illustrate).

Well, I am insane then.