Thread: One step at a time

Default One step at a time

I just got back from centrelink, I was so nervous i felt like vomiting. It went ok tho other than someone who clearly hasnt bathed in a long time sitting next to me and the staff calling out my old name (ive got it changed now so that wont happen again) I'm pretty stressed about work for the dole but one thing at a time. Posting here is really helping me get my thoughts straight without some jackass telling me empty platitudes about positivity and guilt tripping me about feeling down, so I'd like to thank everyone for being cool. ☺

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Default Re: One step at a time

@LadyG: You feel like you feel.

You have old stuff to let go, and the growing pains of new stuff.

It would be more concerning if you appeared not to be disturbed at all.
    EJB

Iím not one of the dead ones yet. - Ms Fishie.

3. Like button LadyGreen, Onlyatheory? liked this post

A friend of mine who is a social worker works for a little agency that, among many other things, provides advocacy services for people dealing with the NZ equivalent of your centrelink. That involves things like advice about what you're entitled to, through to having someone come along with you to appointments to make sure you're treated well or even just moral support.

I'm sure Australia will have similar charities and groups, so I just wanted to make sure you knew this sort of thing was out there in case you feel they could help you.

5. Like button The Irreverent Mr Black liked this post
    Thank button LadyGreen thanked this post

Quote LadyGreen said View Post
    I just got back from centrelink, I was so nervous i felt like vomiting. It went ok tho other than someone who clearly hasnt bathed in a long time sitting next to me and the staff calling out my old name (ive got it changed now so that wont happen again) I'm pretty stressed about work for the dole but one thing at a time. Posting here is really helping me get my thoughts straight without some jackass telling me empty platitudes about positivity and guilt tripping me about feeling down, so I'd like to thank everyone for being cool. ☺

Maybe it was the "crustie" next to you that made you nauseous? I should not be unkind to unwashed folks though, as many of them have little or no access to bathing facilities. That said, centerlink makes me nauseous, even if I am acting a guardian or power of attorney for someone else. I have lost count of the times they have lost documents, given me hours of the run-around on the phone, and other delights. The "work for the dole" hoop is not one I have experienced personally, but I have no cause to think that it is in any way pleasurable. Thus your reactions are entirely reasonably IMHO. Perhaps one day such services will ascend from their present stone-age practices and actually become what they are supposed to be service providers.
    Just stick to the idea that science tests falsifiable hypotheses to destruction.

7. Like button LadyGreen liked this post

Looks like I have to go back into centrelink, my old employers are refusing to provide documentation that centrelink demands so I tried calling to ask what I can do about it but after a few auto answear loops I just cant figure out how to get in contact with a person to answear my question. It's stressfull going back into town after the last few incidents with random bigots and I don't have any money for transport hence trying to register in the first damn place. If my dickhead ex boss would just stop acting Ive insulted his family(he literally said that) when I asked for the documents none of this would have to be so fucking difficult.

9. Like button Logic please liked this post
    Logic please is offline Some need an imaginary wingman Super Moderator

Quote LadyGreen said View Post
    Looks like I have to go back into centrelink, my old employers are refusing to provide documentation that centrelink demands so I tried calling to ask what I can do about it but after a few auto answear loops I just cant figure out how to get in contact with a person to answear my question. It's stressfull going back into town after the last few incidents with random bigots and I don't have any money for transport hence trying to register in the first damn place. If my dickhead ex boss would just stop acting Ive insulted his family(he literally said that) when I asked for the documents none of this would have to be so fucking difficult.
    If your old employer doesn't provide, can CL legally compel?
    *Gods* are not only a legal fiction, but a fiction in every way. Just ask the nearest hippie...

Quote Logic please said View Post
    If your old employer doesn't provide, can CL legally compel?
    I'm not sure, I didnt end up having to find out since for whatever reason he took my dad asking a lot more seriously then he did me. I still want to know how I insulted the guys family though considering we only ever talked business but whatever I got what I needed.

12. Like button Logic please liked this post

After making me wait all this time centrelink now wants another copy of my bank balance and more bank statements proving I own the bank accounts one of which I won't have for about a month, for the other there was no option in the upload dropdown so naturally I try and call to ask for assistence but every listed number just says it's busy with no option to hold or leave a message which odd since you used to just go on hold. This can't be right, there has to be a way to contact someone who's not a machine with prerecorded information just giving me numbers that don't work. I'll go back in tomorrow and ask about all this but honestly I'm starting to wonder why theres so many more hoops this time around as aposed to a few years ago.

Hurdles. They're good at hurdles.

A lot of the energy that might have gone into doing something for customers probably went into hurdles.
    EJB

Iím not one of the dead ones yet. - Ms Fishie.

15. Like button Strato liked this post
    Thank button LadyGreen thanked this post