Thread: Submission: Queensland Law Reform Commission Review of Termination of Pregnancy Laws

Default Submission: Queensland Law Reform Commission Review of Termination of Pregnancy Laws

"Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; ..."

"
    Beer, if drunk with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health."
    Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Default Re: Submission: Queensland Law Reform Commission Review of Termination of Pregnancy L

That certainly is an excellent submission although without being picky some of the wording could be clearer. I know how difficult it is to get stuff right on such matters.

Case in point. I did a bit of a speed read and think I got it correct, where a medical practitioner who is religiously (or otherwise) opposed to abortion must refer the woman to another practitioner who is not opposed. That is a good and important point. I donít quite understand who will cover the cost of the practical side of such a referral? That is, travel, accommodation, etc. especially in rural areas where distances can be great.

Iím hoping you are saying it is the practitioner who refuses the abortion who pays. That would be justice of sorts.

David

3. Like button two dogs, Blue Lightning, SEG, DanDare liked this post