Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THAILAND: Body-shamed for a dark donger? Your fears will pale into insignificance!

Default THAILAND: Body-shamed for a dark donger? Your fears will pale into insignificance!

KINKY LINKY

A supposed trend of penis whitening has captivated Thailand in recent days and left it asking if the country's beauty industry is taking things too far.

Skin whitening is nothing new in many Asian countries, where darker skin is often associated with outdoor labour, therefore, being poorer.

But even so, when a clip of a clinic's latest intriguing procedure was posted online, it quickly went viral.

Thailand's health ministry has since issued a warning over the procedure.

The BBC Thai service spoke to one patient who had undergone the treatment, who told them: "I wanted to feel more confident in my swimming briefs".

The 30-year-old said his first session of several was two months ago, and he had since seen a definite change in the shade.

The original Facebook post from the clinic offering the treatment, which uses lasers to break down melanin in the skin, was shared more than 19,000 times within two days.

It included pictures from the treatment room and detailed before and after illustrations.

Comments range from criticism to amusement with some puzzled users asking "What for?" and others having suggestions ready at hand: "It can be used as a torch light. Let it shine!"

One user dismissed the sudden frenzy about shades and colour, saying she was "not that serious about the colour" but was in fact "more concerned about the size and the moves".
    Read the whole length at source
    EJB

Iím not one of the dead ones yet. - Ms Fishie.

Default Re: THAILAND: Body-shamed for a dark donger? Your fears will pale into insignificance

Oh. Just Oh.

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
    óChaz Bufe, The American Hereticís Dictionary

Default Re: THAILAND: Body-shamed for a dark donger? Your fears will pale into insignificance

People are weird.
    Do not attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

If anything I'd be getting mine darkened to black *grin*
    That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence

Quote nibble said View Post
    If anything I'd be getting mine darkened to black *grin*
    Careful, wearing black could make you appear slimmer!

6. Like button Logic please liked this post

Maybe a pretty rainbow colouration to show solidarity with LBTQI folks? Limited publicity though, unless at a nudist colony or free beach.
    Just stick to the idea that science tests falsifiable hypotheses to destruction.

Pup, there's a possibility someone would ask why it's red and purple, unless I'm pleased to see them.
    EJB

Iím not one of the dead ones yet. - Ms Fishie.

9. Laugh button Darwinsbulldog laughed at this post

Wonder where the yellow went
    Brush your balls with Pepsodent

Caution: only apply the mild mint and use soft brush.
    Wars begin in the minds of men.
    The UNESCO motto, in Enlightenment Now, the Case for Reason, Science, Humanism and Progress, Steven Pinker, 2018.

11. Laugh button SEG laughed at this post

And I thought underarm bleaching was strange...
    What, indeed, is an atheist? He is one who destroys delusions which are harmful to humanity in order to lead men back to nature, to reality, to reason. Baron d'Holbach

_____

If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men. Baron d'Holbach

Quote Voltairine said View Post
    And I thought underarm bleaching was strange...
    I had a friend once who died her publics a light purple. The effect was quite nice actually. And a good conversation topic at the free beach.
    Just stick to the idea that science tests falsifiable hypotheses to destruction.