Thread: Islamic republic and mandatory hijab

Default Islamic republic and mandatory hijab

As you already know, hijab has been mandatory in Iran since the revolution. Refusal to abide is punishable by fines, lashes and imprisonment. This photo shows a girl protesting against the mandatory hijab during the current uprising. I think the photo is perfectly self-explanatory, and I don't need to add anything!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

2. Thank button Darwinsbulldog thanked this post

Default Re: Islamic republic and mandatory hijab

People insist on strange things when they embrace the imaginary sky-daddy. A brave woman.
    Just stick to the idea that science tests falsifiable hypotheses to destruction.

4. Like button Mbozorgi liked this post

Even without official laws, hijab seems mandatory if one does not want to lose family and friends for removing it. Or worse.
    No compulsion in religion? Bullshit.
    “It's not my responsibility to be beautiful. I'm not alive for that purpose. My existence is not about how desirable you find me.” ― Warsan shire
    “Human beings have rights and are entitled to respect. Ideas, books, and beliefs don’t, and aren’t.” ― Ali A Rizvi

6. Like button Mbozorgi liked this post
    Thank button The Irreverent Mr Black, LadyGreen thanked this post

EJB

I’m not one of the dead ones yet. - Ms Fishie.

8. Like button wearestardust, Mbozorgi, 142857 liked this post

There is nothing to be done really. Women are so impure a hijab is only a band-aid on a fundamentally insolvable problem. Logically, Islam should implode from the burden of its own absurd contradictions, or Muslim men should refuse to interact with unclean women altogether, thus causing extinction!

Just stick to the idea that science tests falsifiable hypotheses to destruction.

10. Like button Mbozorgi, LadyGreen liked this post
    Laugh button knowledge is power laughed at this post

Just an update on the woman protesting the hijab.

link
    Vida Movahed will have to serve 3 months and then be on parole.

link
    What are the Iranian authorities doing about the situation? They have issued the following statement
    Anybody not wearing a hijab or encouraging others to not wear a hijab can be imprisoned for 1 to 10 years.
    Last edited by NNY; 29th March 2018 at 08:00 PM.

Hello NNY what is meant by the following sentence?
    "He has further recommended her for medical intervention."
    The meaning of your life, is what you choose to make it.

Hi Bruce.
    I looked around a bit using google and searching for Vida's name and the words "medical" and "intervention" in Persian but couldn't find anything, so your guess is as good as mine, maybe they want her to see a psychiatrist but I can only speculate. Another newspaper stated nobody knows who was prosecuted but it is assumed it was Vida or another girl. (Can't find the link anymore)

But I did find this
    German Wikipedia Link
    I used google translate.

Am 8. März 2018, anlässlich des Weltfrauentags, versuchten mindestens hundert Frauen und Männer sich vor dem Arbeitsministerium in Teheran zu Protesten zu versammeln. Die Versammlung wurde sofort aufgelöst. Mindestens 84 Personen (59 Frauen und 25 Männer) wurden in Polizeigewahrsam genommen und mit bereit stehenden Polizeifahrzeugen ins Gefängnis transportiert.[26]

On March 8, 2018, on the occasion of World Women's Day, at least a hundred women and men attempted to gather outside the labor ministry in Tehran for protests. The meeting was dissolved immediately. At least 84 people (59 women and 25 men) were taken into police custody and transported to jail with ready-to-use police vehicles. [26]

14. Thank button bruce1937 thanked this post

Irony!
    Persian girl shuffling with no head scarf in front of Meydan-e-Azadi (Freedom Square) designed by a Baha'i (Hossein Amanat) who had to flee Iran for fear of death after Iran was liberated and became free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWQPul_wSyk
    Last edited by NNY; 2nd April 2018 at 09:52 AM.

16. Like button knowledge is power liked this post