Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Humiliation overflow thread

Default Re: Humiliating questions

Quote bruce1937 said View Post
    Quote David Nicholls said View Post
    Quote odd said View Post
    This is no doubt true, I just wish they didn't also feel entitled to be cruel as well. They are the vocal minority LG.
    It is not a mater of being entitled to be cruel, it is more the case that cruelty is not a concern to those who cannot understand anything beyond their own experience. Those perpetrating such absurd behaviors would never think they are cruel, just doing the right thing. Education is the answer. How to implement that, is the problem.

David
    So the above conversation is where the thread took took a turn toward a philosophical disagreement as far as I can see.

David can I confirm that your position, that the above implies and reinforced by your cat and mouse analogy, is that these people deliberately calling LG names and harassing her are incapable of realizing the suffering that they are causing because they have not been properly educated?
    bruce1937, here is what Darwinsbulldog said in this post. To which I agree. Do you agree?
    Nazis gassed Jews because they fell outside of what the Nazi definition of what a human being was. People abuse LBTQI folks for exactly the same reason-they have been taught such people are somehow lacking, or indeed flawed to an extent they lack full human rights and considerations. Same-same for slavery and racism.
    My emphasis.

David
    Last edited by David Nicholls; 7th December 2017 at 05:47 PM. Reason: This post was supposed to be directed to bruce1937 Name has been changed Apology

Default Re: Humiliation overflow thread

Quote 142857 said View Post
    There could be many explanations for these guys' behaviour.

The simplest one I can think of is also the most likely to be true. They are simply a***holes.

Can you see how unhelpful your mansplaining is to the victim of this abuse?
    Another explanation is (see above)

And of course, there is a very slim likelihood that one or more of the assailants were sociopaths.

Mansplaining has nothing to do with this.

David

Sorry David I am confused, you quoted my post but then directed your question to Strato.
    Could you clarify who you are engaging with please?
    The meaning of your life, is what you choose to make it.

4. Like button Mjt liked this post

Sorry David I am confused, you quoted my post but then directed your question to Strato.
    Could you clarify who you are engaging with please?
    I was pointing out an explanation for the behaviour and offering another.

David

bruce1937 - I confused you with Strato
    Last edited by David Nicholls; 7th December 2017 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Explanation under David

My question was.... "David can I confirm that your position, that the above implies and reinforced by your cat and mouse analogy, is that these people deliberately calling LG names and harassing her are incapable of realizing the suffering that they are causing because they have not been properly educated?" are you engaging with me or Strato?

My question was.... "David can I confirm that your position, that the above implies and reinforced by your cat and mouse analogy, is that these people deliberately calling LG names and harassing her are incapable of realizing the suffering that they are causing because they have not been properly educated?" are you engaging with me or Strato?
    Sorry for the confusion - Big day and am tired.

Socio economic situations/education both knowledge and social/maybe slightly impoverished in thought/possible sociopath behaviour and other reasons make the aggressors less likely to appreciate the harm they cause by their ignorance.

This is not a justification, it is how it most likely is. If that is not how you wish to see it, then that is not my problem.

David
    Last edited by David Nicholls; 7th December 2017 at 05:58 PM.

So you are no longer claiming
    "Those perpetrating such absurd behaviors would never think they are cruel, just doing the right thing."

and your position is now

"Socio economic situations/education both knowledge and social/maybe slightly impoverished in thought/possible sociopath behaviour and other reasons make the aggressors less likely to appreciate the harm they cause by their ignorance."

If so the cat and mouse analogy is no longer appropriate to your position would you not agree?

So you are no longer claiming
    "Those perpetrating such absurd behaviors would never think they are cruel, just doing the right thing."

and your position is now

"Socio economic situations/education both knowledge and social/maybe slightly impoverished in thought/possible sociopath behaviour and other reasons make the aggressors less likely to appreciate the harm they cause by their ignorance."

If so the cat and mouse analogy is no longer appropriate to your position would you not agree?
    bruce1937, you can be pedantic as you like but it does not alter what I have said. This is not an exact science and you certainly don't have a handle on it. I don't play games with realities that hurt people and you might try that also.

David

Thank you for not answering the question it is very telling.
    I am not being pedantic I am just following up on a claim that you made that was in my opinion potentially hurtful to LG.
    If you no longer wish to stand by that claim I applaud your revised opinion.
    You are correct in that I do not have a handle on the complexities of the issue, I never claimed that I did, unlike your post.

11. Like button odd, Darwinsbulldog liked this post

Thank you for not answering the question it is very telling.
    I am not being pedantic I am just following up on a claim that you made that was in my opinion potentially hurtful to LG.
    If you no longer wish to stand by that claim I applaud your revised opinion.
    You are correct in that I do not have a handle on the complexities of the issue, I never claimed that I did, unlike your post.
    I cannot control what you think. I have not been intentionally or unintentionally hurtful to LadyGreen nor have I used this thread to show how marvelous some people think they are in the protection of others. Self-aggrandisement has been hovering in the background and that is shameful to me.

Let's give it a rest for now. It has just been announced that the same sex marriage bill has got the go ahead and is waiting on the Governor General (I think) to pass it into law. That to me is one big step for humanity and one small step in regards to the problems faced by LadyGreen.

David