Thread: Humiliation overflow thread

Default Re: Humiliation overflow thread

Quote David Nicholls said View Post
    Quote two dogs said View Post
    LOL
    I'm disappointed in you, two dogs.

I'm really sorry I had to say that.

David
    As I've recently told you privately, I used to hold you in high regard, but you've lost any respect I had for you.
    "Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; ..."

"
    Beer, if drunk with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health."
    Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

LadyGreen,

There is a theme here that leaves only two alternatives - good or bad. It is not helpful.

The good people and bad people dichotomy may or may not be a religious construct (although it probably is or at least aided by it) but it certainly doesn’t lead to positive outcomes. Wars, death penalty, racism, sexism, bigotry of all kinds etc

A well-adjusted person does not make insults like those reported. Therefore those insulting you are not from well adjusted people and their concept of cruelty and a well-adjusted person’s concept of cruelty may be two different things. This was pointed out succinctly by darwinsbulldog on how humans can perceive some other humans to be less in some selected respect and therefore do not have the same rights.

The ‘narrow’ view you have unfortunately experienced, so the perpetrators think, entitles them to act outside the norm. Thick as bricks is a mild way of describing them.

This may or may not comfort you but when I’m confronted by personal bigotry my immediate thought is “Thank Christ I’m not him/her/them”. I’d rather live my life without that kind of baggage. They are wasting the only life they are ever going to have on induced bullshit.

David
    Always has to have the last say. TICK.
    "Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; ..."

"
    Beer, if drunk with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health."

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

As I've recently told you privately, I used to hold you in high regard, but you've lost any respect I had for you.
    As I said privately, I haven't lost respect for you. But I am disappointed you have followed the party line. It is to be expected.

David

Always has to have the last say. TICK.
    Nothing to do with the last word. Tick all you want.

It was comment that needed to be said.

David

As I said privately, I haven't lost respect for you. But I am disappointed you have followed the party line. It is to be expected.

David
    What fuckin' "party line"? What in the fuck are you on about?

"

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

I enter posts that have an opinion which is thought out. You go along with some others who have a personal antagonism towards me and agree with them in 'spirit' and state such posts are not appropriate .

Point out where I have gone over the limit of respectability or shut the fuck up.

Oh, yes, you have the button to shut me up.

Don't you see what the AFA has become?

David

I enter posts that have an opinion which is thought out. You go along with some others who have a personal antagonism towards me and agree with them in 'spirit' and state such posts are not appropriate .

Point out where I have gone over the limit of respectability or shut the fuck up.

Oh, yes, you have the button to shut me up.

Don't you see what the AFA has become?

David
    Paranoid. TICK!

"

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Paranoid. TICK!
    Could you cite the paranoia thanks.

Not what you think is paranoia, but real paranoia. Do you understand the difference?

David

Default Re: Humiliating questions

Quote odd said View Post
    This is no doubt true, I just wish they didn't also feel entitled to be cruel as well. They are the vocal minority LG.
    It is not a mater of being entitled to be cruel, it is more the case that cruelty is not a concern to those who cannot understand anything beyond their own experience. Those perpetrating such absurd behaviors would never think they are cruel, just doing the right thing. Education is the answer. How to implement that, is the problem.

David
    So the above conversation is where the thread took took a turn toward a philosophical disagreement as far as I can see.

David can I confirm that your position, that the above implies and reinforced by your cat and mouse analogy, is that these people deliberately calling LG names and harassing her are incapable of realizing the suffering that they are causing because they have not been properly educated?
    The meaning of your life, is what you choose to make it.

There could be many explanations for these guys' behaviour.

The simplest one I can think of is also the most likely to be true. They are simply a***holes.

Can you see how unhelpful your mansplaining is to the victim of this abuse?

11. Like button Mjt, The Irreverent Mr Black liked this post