Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Humiliation overflow thread

Default Re: Humiliating questions

Quote David Nicholls said View Post
    Quote Mjt said View Post
    And in this instance it is personal. This thread is about LadyGs experience and you have likened that to a cat tormenting a mouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is an analogy, not "likened". Your personal angst to me is showing.

Evading what should be done and having a shot at me to hide that is also showing.

I have a much sympathy/empathy towards LadyGreen as do others. I am not using this thread for political advantage. You shouldn't also.

David
    Could we please take this issue to another thread?
    The meaning of your life, is what you choose to make it.

2. Like button pipbarber liked this post

Quote bruce1937 said View Post
    Could we please take this issue to another thread?
    bruce1937,

It is understandable you are showing sensitivity about how this thread is progressing but maybe it would be better to let LadyGreen offer that suggestion.

LadyGreen may want all opinions canvased. Some liked, others not so.

David

odd is offline I, for one, welcome our new insect overlord. Moderator

Default Re: Humiliation overflow thread

Mod Note: The above posts were split from this thread.

'[They] agreed that it was neither possible nor necessary to educate people who never questioned anything.' ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22

'While on the other hand, dachshunds are always out of their depth.' - Cyclist

'I'm 'a' problem, not 'the' problem.' - Wolty

'You have to be odd to be number one.' - Dr Suess

5. Thank button pipbarber thanked this post

Quote Mjt said View Post
    And in this instance it is personal. This thread is about LadyGs experience and you have likened that to a cat tormenting a mouse.

Evading what should be done and having a shot at me to hide that is also showing.

I have a much sympathy/empathy towards LadyGreen as do others. I am not using this thread for political advantage. You shouldn't also.

David
    FFS David, give it a fuckin' rest! Stop playing the paranoid card, and wanting to always have the last say, and weaseling out of what you said, with a piss-poor attempt at semantics.
    "Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; ..."

"
    Beer, if drunk with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health."
    Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

7. Like button Mjt, odd liked this post
    Thank button The Irreverent Mr Black, Mjt thanked this post

Quote Mjt said View Post

David

David despite what you think this is not about you, or wether or not I have angst’s Not all things are. This is about LadyGs right to come here and share a personal traumatic experience without being told that the people tormenting her might not understand they were being cruel and just need to be sat down for a nice chat. Reducing her experience to that is the big fat equivalent of boys will be boys. Cos, you know, influences and stuff.
    Enough of that shit.
    Solutions?
    How about instead of women in these situations being expected to be understanding and educating, men start calling out their mates? How about that?
    How about, instead of trying to explain what someone’s experience involves, as opposed to what they actually experienced, men just tell their mates and the men they see behaving badly to pull their heads in?
    How about men take the lead for once?
    And for once how about men stop making excuses for bad behavior.

Twisted Sister

Quote two dogs said View Post
    FFS David, give it a fuckin' rest! Stop playing the paranoid card, and wanting to always have the last say, and weaseling out of what you said, with a piss-poor attempt at semantics.
    Paranoid card? Bullshit.

Last say? Bullshit.

Semantics? Bullshit.

David

LOL
    "Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; ..."

"
    Beer, if drunk with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health."
    Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

11. Like button Mjt liked this post

Quote Mjt said View Post
    David despite what you think this is not about you, or wether or not I have angst’s Not all things are. This is about LadyGs right to come here and share a personal traumatic experience without being told that the people tormenting her might not understand they were being cruel and just need to be sat down for a nice chat. Reducing her experience to that is the big fat equivalent of boys will be boys. Cos, you know, influences and stuff.
    Enough of that shit.
    Solutions?
    How about instead of women in these situations being expected to be understanding and educating, men start calling out their mates? How about that?
    How about, instead of trying to explain what someone’s experience involves, as opposed to what they actually experienced, men just tell their mates and the men they see behaving badly to pull their heads in?
    How about men take the lead for once?
    And for once how about men stop making excuses for bad behavior.

Who is making excuses for bad behaviour? These people are jerks but they were made jerks. Stop hiding from this.

Oh, yes, lets tell men to stop making excuses for bad behaviour. Or let's stop the tide from coming in. That is not a viable way to handle this situation.

David

Quote two dogs said View Post
    LOL
    I'm disappointed in you, two dogs.

I'm really sorry I had to say that.

David

LadyGreen,

There is a theme here that leaves only two alternatives - good or bad. It is not helpful.

The good people and bad people dichotomy may or may not be a religious construct (although it probably is or at least aided by it) but it certainly doesn’t lead to positive outcomes. Wars, death penalty, racism, sexism, bigotry of all kinds etc

A well-adjusted person does not make insults like those reported. Therefore those insulting you are not from well adjusted people and their concept of cruelty and a well-adjusted person’s concept of cruelty may be two different things. This was pointed out succinctly by darwinsbulldog on how humans can perceive some other humans to be less in some selected respect and therefore do not have the same rights.

The ‘narrow’ view you have unfortunately experienced, so the perpetrators think, entitles them to act outside the norm. Thick as bricks is a mild way of describing them.

This may or may not comfort you but when I’m confronted by personal bigotry my immediate thought is “Thank Christ I’m not him/her/them”. I’d rather live my life without that kind of baggage. They are wasting the only life they are ever going to have on induced bullshit.

David
    Last edited by David Nicholls; 6th December 2017 at 07:23 PM.