Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Humiliation overflow thread

Default Re: Humiliating questions

Quote David Nicholls said View Post
    The result of the acts of the perpetrators is cruelty to LadyGreen. There is a chance that if individuals in that group would have it explained to them in an educational manner that they were indeed being cruel; they possibly would accept that the mob rule, previous negative input from peers/parents and maybe their own insecurities had them act in an unconscionable manner.

Itís conceivably a bit like a cat torturing a mouse. The cat doesnít view its actions as cruel. But the result is cruelty to the mouse. Thereís a lot of this in nature. ďAll Godís creaturesĒ is rather a huge exaggeration, if not a total lie.

Whether the perpetrators can be accused of deliberate cruelty in this instance or just being nasty as a result of their inputs in life, is a question that is difficult to answer.

This is not to let them off the hook, but a demonstration of a failure in the social system/contract that is in need of remedy. How - who knows?

David

Fuck that noise. The people of the LGBTQI community and the wider community in general are sick and bloody tired of being expected to meet this type of behavior with offers of education and reasonable discussion and understanding. As individuals they are the victims of this type of behavior all the time, and the perpetrators know exactly what they are doing. They know their being cruel, they know they are causing pain and distress.
    Do you have any idea how equating LadyGs experience with a cat torturing a mouse could make her feel?
    This is about bigotry and deliberate targeting of a human being because of perceived difference and vulnerability.
    Itís disgusting, itís wrong, and there is enough messages out there saying that for these people to know that. They just choose to ignore it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Twisted Sister

Quote Mjt said View Post
    Fuck that noise. The people of the LGBTQI community and the wider community in general are sick and bloody tired of being expected to meet this type of behavior with offers of education and reasonable discussion and understanding. As individuals they are the victims of this type of behavior all the time, and the perpetrators know exactly what they are doing. They know their being cruel, they know they are causing pain and distress.
    Do you have any idea how equating LadyGs experience with a cat torturing a mouse could make her feel?
    This is about bigotry and deliberate targeting of a human being because of perceived difference and vulnerability.
    Itís disgusting, itís wrong, and there is enough messages out there saying that for these people to know that. They just choose to ignore it.

The cat analogy is not personal, it is an analogy.

And your solution is?

David

The cat and mouse analogy is a poor one in my view, cats may or may not know they are being cruel to another species that is a whole different discussion.
    Only the brain dead and severely retarded Humans would not know that actions such as these were being hurtful, education at an early age is certainly needed to reduce this type of behavior as well as public condemnation of this this behaviour in adults.
    The meaning of your life, is what you choose to make it.

4. Thank button LadyGreen thanked this post

Quote LadyGreen said View Post
    I think it's real fucking easy to know if they were being deliberatly cruel, when someone publicly degrades you and laughs at your tears they know what they are doing. When someone loudly corrects you with insults and slurs after asking your gender they know what they are doing. When someone persues a clearly distressed woman while screaming insults and demanding to see her privates they know what they are doing.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    LadyGreen,

I know I am bordering on philosophising about your extremely traumatic event, but I can absolutely assure you that if I were present with you on that occasion, philosophy would not be my response.

David

Quote bruce1937 said View Post
    The cat and mouse analogy is a poor one in my view, cats may or may not know they are being cruel to another species that is a whole different discussion.
    Only the brain dead and severely retarded Humans would not know that actions such as these were being hurtful, education at an early age is certainly needed to reduce this type of behavior as well as public condemnation of this this behaviour in adults.
    The cat analogy is better than using Nazi guards acting atrociously to Jewish prisoners and then going home to a loving family with a different frame of mind. This discussion is tricky and not black and white.

David

Quote bruce1937 said View Post
    The cat analogy is better than using Nazi guards acting atrociously to Jewish prisoners and then going home to a loving family with a different frame of mind. This discussion is tricky and not black and white.

David
    If you think so, may I suggest a different thread setting out your reasoning rather than this one which may cause further distress to LG
    The meaning of your life, is what you choose to make it.

8. Like button Mjt, LadyGreen liked this post
    Thank button Mjt thanked this post

Quote Mjt said View Post

And your solution is?

David

My solution is David, that people stop expecting those that are persecuted somehow have the responsibility to have some deep understanding of the motivation behind those persecuting them. It is 2017, and there is much educational material and much social discussion out there already.
    Iím not LadyG, but I do know what itís like to be a woman who is bullied and harassed by groups of men who is then told about how these men just dont understand the impact of their behavior, donít know better, and need to be talked to.
    LadyG is a woman who has experienced a terribly traumatic experience at the hands of a group of men who know exactly what the impact would be. They saw it. To try to tell her that they may not realize they were being cruel is at least lacking in empathy and at worst patronizing.

Twisted Sister

Quote Mjt said View Post

And your solution is?

David

And in this instance it is personal. This thread is about LadyGs experience and you have likened that to a cat tormenting a mouse.

Twisted Sister

11. Thank button LadyGreen thanked this post

Quote Mjt said View Post
    And in this instance it is personal. This thread is about LadyGs experience and you have likened that to a cat tormenting a mouse.

It is an analogy, not "likened". Your personal angst to me is showing.

Evading what should be done and having a shot at me to hide that is also showing.

I have a much sympathy/empathy towards LadyGreen as do others. I am not using this thread for political advantage. You shouldn't also.

David

The more general solution is to educate people on a broader definition of what a human being is.

Nazis gassed Jews because they fell outside of what the Nazi definition of what a human being was. People abuse LBTQI folks for exactly the same reason-they have been taught such people are somehow lacking, or indeed flawed to an extent they lack full human rights and considerations. Same-same for slavery and racism.

What is really weird is that although people can be horrified by one type of bigotry [ -say racism], they can be unconscious of bigotry in other forms, like sexism, etc.

I place full blame on the shoulders of churches and religious organisations, who despite claiming the high moral ground, have done little to dispel bigoted myths from their moral dogma, especially if they fear it undermines church authority or influence.

Religions may not have invented bigotry in it's many forms, but by and large they have used it for advantage far more often than attempting to reform their communities to a more humane way of life.

So often, such bigotry has been touted as "the word of god" , and so even if they wished reform [and of course, some do], any extensive back-peddling would be a serious setback to their religions [IMHO].

Empires will always acts like empires [Religious, political, corporate etc] and protect their own interests. Ethical thought and action often takes a back seat.
    Just stick to the idea that science tests falsifiable hypotheses to destruction.

14. Like button LadyGreen, Strato, wearestardust liked this post