Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Humiliating questions

Default Re: Humiliating questions

Quote LadyGreen said View Post
    Two bigots just interogated me about what exactly is between my legs as if it's anyones bussiness, it's so humiliating to be called out in public. I think they managed to call me tranny a dozen times in a few minutes.
    This isn't the quote I was looking for but it's close enough:

“When another blames you or hates you, or people voice similar criticisms, go to their souls, penetrate inside and see what sort of people they are. You will realize that there is no need to be racked with anxiety that they should hold any particular opinion about you.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

2. Like button two dogs, wolty liked this post

Still, the 'humiliating' questions say more about them than they do you.

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
    —Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary

That’s fucked up LG, that’s all I can think to say about it. Don’t let them get ya down, fucking petty bigots.
    Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

5. Like button David Nicholls liked this post
    Thank button LadyGreen thanked this post

I would think low self esteem would be a reason, bullying makes the bully feel good about themselves. It is deliberate cruelty, make the other feel like shit, the better and stronger they feel.
    They are sad, insecure and pathetic.
    Smile and nod as you walk away.
    “It's not my responsibility to be beautiful. I'm not alive for that purpose. My existence is not about how desirable you find me.” ― Warsan shire
    “Human beings have rights and are entitled to respect. Ideas, books, and beliefs don’t, and aren’t.” ― Ali A Rizvi

7. Like button The Irreverent Mr Black liked this post
    Thank button LadyGreen thanked this post

I would be tempted to publicly embarrass them by yelling something implying that you had ended a relationship with one or both of them due to their sexual inadequacies, or I would spend a bit of time on google and arm myself with some ready-to-go insults. But you put yourself at risk of violence.

Small-minded transphobic idiots like them are invariably insecure about their own identities.

In terms of accepting people for who they are, I feel like we have come a long way over the past few decades. But we clearly still have a long way to go. I hope that you are okay and keep reminding yourself that it is those guys who have the problem, not you.

9. Thank button The Irreverent Mr Black, LadyGreen thanked this post

I think it's real fucking easy to know if they were being deliberatly cruel, when someone publicly degrades you and laughs at your tears they know what they are doing. When someone loudly corrects you with insults and slurs after asking your gender they know what they are doing. When someone persues a clearly distressed woman while screaming insults and demanding to see her privates they know what they are doing.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

11. Thank button Strato thanked this post
    odd is offline I, for one, welcome our new insect overlord. Moderator

Mod Note: Some posts have been removed to a new thread.

'[They] agreed that it was neither possible nor necessary to educate people who never questioned anything.' ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22

'While on the other hand, dachshunds are always out of their depth.' - Cyclist

'I'm 'a' problem, not 'the' problem.' - Wolty

'You have to be odd to be number one.' - Dr Suess

13. Like button Blue Lightning, wolty liked this post
    Thank button The Irreverent Mr Black thanked this post

Darwinsbulldog

The more general solution is to educate people on a broader definition of what a human being is.

Nazis gassed Jews because they fell outside of what the Nazi definition of what a human being was. People abuse LBTQI folks for exactly the same reason-they have been taught such people are somehow lacking, or indeed flawed to an extent they lack full human rights and considerations. Same-same for slavery and racism.
    LadyGreen these men tried to stigmatise you.

They lack social/emotional intelligence. They don't do empathy. They never contemplate what it is like to be another person, feel how they feel and experience. I would be certain they are profoundly uneducated to boot.

I guess this was never fostered in them. They gravitate together. Some people have ice water in their veins.

I hope they come to feel bad about this attempt at your public humiliation. But the full hope is that they become thinking people. And I don't expect they will.

I think women by nature can feel empathy more ably and fully than men although many men who realise they may need to, apply themselves to developing this sensibility and become more humanised and developed and better men for it.
    Wars begin in the minds of men.
    The UNESCO motto, in Enlightenment Now, the Case for Reason, Science, Humanism and Progress, Steven Pinker, 2018.

15. Like button LadyGreen liked this post

Incidents like this are an unfortunate fact of life when your trans so I just try to avoid them as best i can. Today I'm going out again so fingers crossed it'll be smooth sailing.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

All the best, LadyG. Be chill and charming.
    EJB

I’m not one of the dead ones yet. - Ms Fishie.

18. Like button LadyGreen liked this post