Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi everyone

Default Re: Hi everyone

Hi Maz, that was a good post and interesting to read. You may find that many others here have had difficult journeys from religion to atheism. Me personally I am fortunate never to have been stuck with those beliefs, and reading stories like yours I know that my good fortune has been great indeed.
    "History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government".
    -Thomas Jefferson

Burden of proof is the obligation on somebody presenting a claim to provide evidence to support its truth (a warrant). Once evidence has been presented, it is up to any opposing "side" to show the evidence presented is not adequate. If claims were accepted without warrants, then every claim could simultaneously be claimed to be true.

History isn't written by the victors. It's written by the people with the time machines.

Gudday Maz. Welcome aboard
    "Send me money, send me green, heaven you will meet. Make your contribution and you'll get a better seat" - Metallica, Leper Messiah

3. Like button Mbozorgi liked this post
    Loki is offline You get what everyone gets....you get a lifetime Moderator

I'm only here in the hope that eventually noone will write posts like that.

Welcome.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."Philip K. Dick

5. Like button Mbozorgi liked this post
    Thank button The Irreverent Mr Black thanked this post

Welcome Maz, I look forward to your input here.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it - Neil deGrasse Tyson

7. Like button Mbozorgi liked this post