Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Coming out

Default Re: Coming out

Quote LadyGreen said View Post
    I was wrong she has made it very clear that she sees me and my transition as a joke and honestly im a fucking idiot for thinking that cold bitch might care about more than expensive shit she cant afford and what the neighbours think.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    That sucks. Give her time, LG and be about your business. She's the one missing out, don't let it get you down.

I only crossed from belief to unbelief: it's minor compared to other changes in life. My family relationships didn't make it through that change.

I'm not advocating burning any bridges, but sometimes people can't accept that their ideal isn't actually who you are.
    EJB

Iím not one of the dead ones yet. - Ms Fishie.

3. Like button Strato liked this post

She keeps trying to guilt trip me about how my transition affects others but fuck that noone else gets a vote so she can either be respectfull or shut the fuck up and leave me out of her bullshit.

5. Like button Blue Lightning, wolty, Goldenmane liked this post

@LadyG: Those that don't want to change, don't have to.

That's their rights respected: now, about those rights of yours...
    EJB

Iím not one of the dead ones yet. - Ms Fishie.

7. Like button Blue Lightning, Strato liked this post

This is regrettable for you LadyGreen. Fly your colours. Your mum is showing her true colours, but don't fix her in her current mindset. Leave the door open for her to hopefully gain enlightenment, too, to come around.

I just read an essay by Richard Dawkins in his latest book Science in The Soul, entitled 'The Dead Hand of Plato.'

He exposes 'the discontinuous mind,' people hung up on categories, where they seek to force reality and nature which are continuous, into discrete classes, essences, ideal classifications. Plato was an idealist, 'essentialism - one of the most pernicious ideas in all history.' Ernst Mayr, one of Dawkins's great teachers on evolution at Oxford blamed Plato and Aristotle's essentialism 'for humanity's late discovery of evolution - as late as the nineteenth century.'

When can we call some long ago ancestor of ours going back hundreds of thousands of generations a 'true Homo sapiens,' but whose parents were Austalopithecines? That individual was of the exact same species as its parents. Evolution is gradual. Sexuality is on a continuum. When does a conception become a person? How do we grade IQ? Down with all rigid thinking.

Reading educative books like this has been transformative for me personally. I love 'em.
    Wars begin in the minds of men.
    The UNESCO motto, in Enlightenment Now, the Case for Reason, Science, Humanism and Progress, Steven Pinker, 2018.

LadyGreen - there's not much I can add. Hang in there.

Adopting the modern usage - 'This above all: to thine own self be true'.
    "Just stick to the idea that science is just about making descriptive models of natural phenomena, whose emergent predictions are tested to destruction" - Woof!
    "Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves" - Richard Feynman

10. Like button The Irreverent Mr Black, Strato liked this post

Mums been a little more chill lately, even used my prefered name and i've got an apointment to discuss hormone treatment with my doctor. I'm really excited but nervous.

Sometimes people just need time to 'get used' to a change. It's usually a slow process in these kind of situations unfortunately. I hope for yours and her sake that she comes round eventually. But it's not the end of the world if she doesn't.
    ďIt's not my responsibility to be beautiful. I'm not alive for that purpose. My existence is not about how desirable you find me.Ē ― Warsan shire
    ďHuman beings have rights and are entitled to respect. Ideas, books, and beliefs donít, and arenít.Ē ― Ali A Rizvi

I think she will but if not shes in for a shock over the next couple of months with me taking hormones and blockers

14. Like button Onlyatheory? liked this post
    Laugh button The Irreverent Mr Black laughed at this post