Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello

Default Re: Hello

And Blue Lightning is nice, wise, pithy and sociable, but I cannot personally vouch for his singing.
    EJB

Iím not one of the dead ones yet. - Ms Fishie.

2. Like button odd liked this post
    Laugh button Blue Lightning laughed at this post

Oh I can. He's a belter, wonderful memory for tunes.

He also said if the proposal to make our road a highway bypass came to pass, and the compensation was inadequate, to call him.

Very reassuring. A friend in need. We moved in time.
    Wars begin in the minds of men.
    The UNESCO motto, in Enlightenment Now, the Case for Reason, Science, Humanism and Progress, Steven Pinker, 2018.

4. Like button The Irreverent Mr Black liked this post
    Thank button Blue Lightning thanked this post
    Lord Blackadder is offline Minister for Religious Genocide Super Moderator
    Melbourne: a small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Heh, I can vouch for BL's singing too - he is a purveyor of many a fine karaoke tune.
    And yes, as has been pointed out by GM, the Mods are here to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If atheism were true, why do cats have pretty stripes on them?

6. Like button Blue Lightning liked this post
    odd is offline I, for one, welcome our new insect overlord. Moderator

Welcome LG, look forward to your input around here, you've already instigated a thread that has given me a lot of pleasure to read.

'[They] agreed that it was neither possible nor necessary to educate people who never questioned anything.' ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22

'While on the other hand, dachshunds are always out of their depth.' - Cyclist

'I'm 'a' problem, not 'the' problem.' - Wolty

'You have to be odd to be number one.' - Dr Suess

8. Like button LadyGreen liked this post

Quote LadyGreen said View Post
    I'm cool with being challenged about my ideas, but yeah your welcome is kinda ominous. I'm here because I'm an atheist and you guys seem to be accepting so i thought it would be a good place to interact with people who i can tell i'm a transgender women but they wont lose their shit, I'm new to this and i thought it would be good for me to get myself out there in place that's easy going.
    Nah, Geoff is a real pussy-cat.

One of the great tricks I have learned in life is not to be too emotionally invested in an idea or belief. If you can manage that [yes I know it is hard], then you reap enormous benefits. Your beliefs and opinions are not you. therefore when someone points out something is wrong with a belief or opinion, you don't take it personally. The reward is intellectual honesty, which in the age of Trump, is more valuable than gold.

Religions have sold the fallacy that belief or faith in something somehow promotes it to truth. if that were true, mere wishing could make us millionaires, or be able to fly without wings, or jump to the moon.

I have come up with some of the stupidest, silliest ideas ever on this forum. Mostly, I take my lumps when the errors of my ways have been pointed out to me, and I am better for it. For one thing, no more delusions about gods. I am now me, not a god-puppet. That is liberating.

The least idiotic thing about me is my love for science. Knowing a bit of science even makes me appear a little smart sometimes.
    Where was I? Oh yes, welcome LG, and enjoy!
    Just stick to the idea that science tests falsifiable hypotheses to destruction.

10. Like button Blue Lightning, Goldenmane, Strato liked this post

Quote odd said View Post
    Welcome LG, look forward to your input around here, you've already instigated a thread that has given me a lot of pleasure to read.
    Yeah i'm good like that

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

12. Like button workmx, Blue Lightning, Strato liked this post
    Laugh button The Irreverent Mr Black, Goldenmane laughed at this post