Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My introduction

Default Re: My introduction

Thank you for the welcome here. Loki and Steve. Perry Rhodan is a SF series that first appeared in 1962 or thereabouts. I read this series in German although my mother tongue is Dutch. I have read the first 204 books which ideally should be read in sequence to understand what is happening. Once per week, a team of German authors produces a sequel in ebook format and usually between 85-100 pages long. Without going into any detail, Icho Tolot belongs to the most advanced alien race so far discovered by Perry Rhodan. His race called Haluters has transcended a violent past and the remaining 100,000 or so Haluters live in total peace and will never harm any other being. Icho is strong and has a zest for adventure. He has formed a bond with Perry Rhodan. This is as far as I should go, as this forum would not lend itself to discussing books and the like unless I am mistaken.

@Icho T: Glad you're mistaken. Reading/Books thread here.

I do hope you enjoy it, and would love to hear of the Perry R books.

My Big Series Read as a kid was E C Tubb's Dumarest collection. I learned that it is bad to copy paragraphs verbatim from book to book.
    EJB

Iím not one of the dead ones yet. - Ms Fishie.

Quote Icho Tolot said View Post
    Thank you for the welcome here. Loki and Steve. Perry Rhodan is a SF series that first appeared in 1962 or thereabouts. I read this series in German although my mother tongue is Dutch. I have read the first 204 books which ideally should be read in sequence to understand what is happening. Once per week, a team of German authors produces a sequel in ebook format and usually between 85-100 pages long. Without going into any detail, Icho Tolot belongs to the most advanced alien race so far discovered by Perry Rhodan. His race called Haluters has transcended a violent past and the remaining 100,000 or so Haluters live in total peace and will never harm any other being. Icho is strong and has a zest for adventure. He has formed a bond with Perry Rhodan. This is as far as I should go, as this forum would not lend itself to discussing books and the like unless I am mistaken.

I started following Perry Rhodan from his very beginning, in essence there's nothing to stop a series, book, TV, magazine, from continuing indefinitely apart from money and desire. The advent of ebooks has made publishing far cheaper than it has ever been and less constrained by money and traditional printing restrictions, I have considered putting some of my own works onto the amazon bookstore in ebook format, maybe one day.

TV is a more difficult format due to the control traditional media has had for a long time, the rising star of youtube and other streaming media formats like Netflix has allowed what would once have been considered non-starters to make it onto the mainstream, for instance the Halo based Machinima, Red vs Blue which has been around a long time and is very funny, I recommend it, which would have been unthinkable a decade ago.

Anyway, best take it to the more appropriate threads, I could go on a long time here, as I said before, very much welcome.
    From the mouth of a seven year old: "When you're you're dead, you don't go anywhere!"

4. Like button Icho Tolot liked this post

Hi there Icho Tolot, it is great to hear you have seen the light.

So, I am not the only one who is reading or has read Perry Rhodan. Should I wish to discuss books, I will indeed go to the appropriate postings rather than discussing them at the introduction. Once again, thank you for the welcome and I wish everybody well.

7. Like button wolty, The Irreverent Mr Black liked this post

Hi Icho. A late welcome.
    Wars begin in the minds of men.
    The UNESCO motto, in Enlightenment Now, the Case for Reason, Science, Humanism and Progress, Steven Pinker, 2018.

odd is offline I, for one, welcome our new insect overlord. Moderator

B\Welcome to the forum Icho, better late than never!

'[They] agreed that it was neither possible nor necessary to educate people who never questioned anything.' ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22

'While on the other hand, dachshunds are always out of their depth.' - Cyclist

'I'm 'a' problem, not 'the' problem.' - Wolty

'You have to be odd to be number one.' - Dr Suess