Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Media Release: Non-believers by far Australia’s largest single ‘religious’ group

Default Re: Media Release: Non-believers by far Australia’s largest single ‘religious’ group

Has anyone been able to find the breakdown of 'No Religion'? I would like to know what percentage of 'No Religion' was atheist, humanist, new age...

Cheers,
    Spud.

Default Re: Media Release: Non-believers by far Australia’s largest single ‘religious’ group

Quote Spud Henley said View Post
    Has anyone been able to find the breakdown of 'No Religion'? I would like to know what percentage of 'No Religion' was atheist, humanist, new age...

Cheers,
    Spud.
    Of the 30.1% stated at http://abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/...features252016, I believe 29.6% specifically marked the No religion box. The remainder was split between Secular Beliefs and Other Spirtual Beliefs. See http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....Chapter8302016 for the Religious Affiliation classifications.

When I have some spare time I'll see if I can dig out more details on the latter two categories.
    "Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; ..."

"
    Beer, if drunk with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health."
    Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

3. Like button Spud Henley liked this post
    Thank button The Irreverent Mr Black thanked this post

Here's the raw numbers, via the Census Table Builder:

Religious Affiliation.PNG

"nfd" stands for "not further defined".
    "nec" stands for "not elsewhere classified".
    "Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; ..."

"
    Beer, if drunk with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health."

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

5. Thank button The Irreverent Mr Black thanked this post

And here it is in percentages, for that category.

Religious Affiliation Percentage.PNG

"

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

7. Like button Spud Henley liked this post
    Thank button The Irreverent Mr Black thanked this post

So we picked up some theists for our tally, how very satisfying.
    The meaning of your life, is what you choose to make it.