Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NDE / Near Death Experience -- Rant

Default Re: NDE / Near Death Experience -- Rant

The tech's improving all the time, GB. I'd love you to be in the book for beating that record by a healthy (see what I did there?) margin.
    EJB

I’m not one of the dead ones yet. - Ms Fishie.

2. Like button Blue Lightning liked this post

Jibbers GB. I would have thought you would have already been on a list, but I have zilch medical background so I have nfi what is required to be on one.

Good to hear you're still with us.
    Prejudices are what fools use for reason. Voltaire

Quote GenericBox said View Post

"This hospital holds the Guinness World Record for the longest surviving heart transplant patient, at 28 years".
    I think they may mean the transplant lasted 28 years, surely? Otherwise no one over this age survived the year past the transplant procedure.
    “It's not my responsibility to be beautiful. I'm not alive for that purpose. My existence is not about how desirable you find me.” ― Warsan shire
    “Human beings have rights and are entitled to respect. Ideas, books, and beliefs don’t, and aren’t.” ― Ali A Rizvi

GenericBox is offline Claim to fame: been resurrected more times than Jesus

Yes I couldn't remember if exact wording to recite it verbatim lol �� But point being I'm in my 20s so that world record might be comforting to literally everyone else there who are seemingly in the 60s/70s but 28 years is still 40 years too little for my liking

But as TIMB said technology is improving so who knows, and they don't think I need to be on the list yet so it's a moot point.

I forgot to answer the question re: GAC. I would love to be there but heading home to Australia isn't really on my agenda at the moment so it would be too far to travel for it alone. Look forward to following it online though

I have no time for anyone who claims supernatural NDE stories. I think it's the utmost ARROGANCE, to think that what your brain goes through in that state IS REAL just because YOU thought it. It's just the most blatant proof of cultural indoctrination to immediately attribute such feelings to some sort of supernatural influence.
    How can you say it is utmost arrogance amongst those people who experienced heaven and light of the God when they experienced it as real? You can't disprove what others' experiences are nor can you counter argue that theirs is real or not according to their own judgement. It's very personal.

Loki is offline You get what everyone gets....you get a lifetime Moderator

Quote Azurisan21 said View Post
    I have no time for anyone who claims supernatural NDE stories. I think it's the utmost ARROGANCE, to think that what your brain goes through in that state IS REAL just because YOU thought it. It's just the most blatant proof of cultural indoctrination to immediately attribute such feelings to some sort of supernatural influence.
    How can you say it is utmost arrogance amongst those people who experienced heaven and light of the God when they experienced it as real? You can't disprove what others' experiences are nor can you counter argue that theirs is real or not according to their own judgement. It's very personal.
    The thing is not to disprove their experience but to explain it.

So far supernatural mumbo jumbo is losing out on the credible explanation stakes.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."Philip K. Dick

Quote Loki said View Post
    The thing is not to disprove their experience but to explain it.

So far supernatural mumbo jumbo is losing out on the credible explanation stakes.
    Yes, but some experiences can be so complicated and difficult to explain in scientific terms... still science has a long way to do so but it's never too late so as long as circumstances, resources and one scientist's willingness can afford.

I can only say that some people's claimed experiences with the Divine may be real, while others may fake it.

Who knew experiences could be so complicated?
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."Philip K. Dick

I don't know. I'm just speculating and what I'm speculating is a valid question.

When I said complicated, I mean too extraordinary or mechanically or physically IMPLAUSIBLE that it can stand as odd with science and physics.
    Last edited by Azurisan21; 3rd June 2017 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Azurisan21 said View Post
    I don't know. I'm just speculating and what I'm speculating is a valid question.

When I said complicated, I mean too extraordinary or mechanically or physically IMPLAUSIBLE that it can stand as odd with science and physics.
    Psst...it's a meme.