Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Study Suggests Atheists Are More Intelligent Because They Can Override Religious Inst

Default Re: Study Suggests Atheists Are More Intelligent Because They Can Override Religious

Quote Darwinsbulldog said View Post
    I don't use PMs for general discussions Azu.
    I didn't PM you for general discussions. That said, I presume that you've overlooked it.

Default Re: Study Suggests Atheists Are More Intelligent Because They Can Override Religious

I'm probably wrong but I would have thought that instinct is just the unconscious application of knowledge.

For example I have done a lot of rock climbing and bush walking. During that I learnt how to examine cliffs and paths and identify loose rocks. I apply this skill consciously a lot of the time. Once I was descending a steep ravine with a few less experienced people. I bypassed a particular rock without thinking about it as I must have unconsciously known that it was likely unstable. Because this was an unconscious action on my part I didn't warn the less experienced person following me, they stepped on it, it rolled out under them and they got badly hurt.