Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Intelligence Assessment II SX

Default Re: Intelligence Assessment II SX

Quote Azurisan21 said View Post
    Quote The Irreverent Mr Black said View Post
    What does a person gain for adding to your perceived gratification, Azu?
    Intellectual stimulation?
    There are positive and negative stimuli.

How does answering a set of questions, under the proviso that some harsh rubric will be applied and a judgement pronounced, benefit anyone?

I certainly see no need for such a process.

By the way, I'd like that user note removed from my profile. Readers can assess my stuff in their own right.
    EJB

I知 not one of the dead ones yet. - Ms Fishie.

By the way, I'd like that user note removed from my profile. Readers can assess my stuff in their own right.
    I can't. I realise that once added to profile, it is irreversible. Perhaps ask a mod to have it removed. I've done the same to many user/friends in the last year or so.

Okay then, we'll just leave it there, but I think it was an inadvisable thing to do.
    EJB

Okay then, we'll just leave it there, but I think it was an inadvisable thing to do.
    See the other thread and you'll find grateful people.

See the other thread and you'll find grateful people.
    I know about the thread.

The thing is, having an unappellable judgement appended to one's profile is so arbitrary. I never was part of any compact giving you rights to put labels on me.

Even if the tag is seen as an honour, it is customary in such matters for the honours body to contact the nominee beforehand, and to honour a refusal, should the potential recipient not wish to accept.
    EJB

Anyway FYI, inspiration in composing such assessments stems from a very strict, condescending, demanding and difficult academic life and environment at NSW Selective Secondary Schools, designed to challenge, provoke and indeed torture very intelligent students. It's very common there.

Does that satisfy your curiosity, The Irreverent Mr Black?
    Last edited by Azurisan21; 16th May 2017 at 12:24 PM.

Anyway FYI, inspiration in composing such assessments stems from a very strict, condescending, demanding and difficult academic life and environment at NSW Selective Secondary Schools, designed to challenge, provoke and indeed torture very intelligent students. It's very common there.

Does that satisfy your curiosity, The Irreverent Mr Black?
    Thanks, Azu. Please, think of something other than dwelling on your sufferings.

I'm sure it is a nice day outside, and that the landscape holds many inspirations.

Somebody has offered to remove the note. I thank you for your intentions, but a goat must be free.

Let's do something better.
    EJB

8. Like button Mjt, DanDare liked this post
    Laugh button Azurisan21 laughed at this post

I'm sure it is a nice day outside, and that the landscape holds many inspirations.

Somebody has offered to remove the note. I thank you for your intentions, but a goat must be free.

Well, I'm glad that someone actually removed your usernote, despite my unadvised intentions.

Anyway, if you think that I should not dwell on my past sufferings, fair enough. A better response would be to inquire into these elitist schools to verify if that is the case and if so, organise an educational movement that puts an end to such sufferings for all very intelligent students attending these schools.
    Last edited by Azurisan21; 16th May 2017 at 12:36 PM.

A goal is a good thing to have, but please don't forget yourself.

If you don't do well by yourself, there is no guarantee anyone else will.

Tightened up about something? Take a break. From the perspective of a walk, problems at home look smaller.
    EJB

odd is offline I, for one, welcome our new insect overlord. Moderator

Well, I'm glad that someone actually removed your usernote, despite my unadvised intentions.

Anyway, if you think that I should not dwell on my past sufferings, fair enough. A better response would be to inquire into these elitist schools to verify if that is the case and if so, organise an educational movement that puts an end to such sufferings for all very intelligent students attending these schools.
    Fear not Azu, my daughter goes to a public academically selective school - and is suffering no more than I did at my local high school.

'[They] agreed that it was neither possible nor necessary to educate people who never questioned anything.' ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22

'While on the other hand, dachshunds are always out of their depth.' - Cyclist

'I'm 'a' problem, not 'the' problem.' - Wolty

'You have to be odd to be number one.' - Dr Suess

12. Like button Mjt liked this post