Thread: The Final Version of vB 3.8.11 Released

Default The Final Version of vB 3.8.11 Released

On the 10th of this month, Paul M, the head admin at vBorg announced that the final version of vB 3.8.11 has been released (not a Beta), and he further stated:

Quote Paul M said
    I'm leaving IB, so I wont [officially] work on any 3.8.12, and I'm certain no one else will either.
    This version of vB allows you to run PHP 7.x (but not 7.2.x). My main experience is with vB 4.2.x, and I am in the process of upgrading all sites to the final version of vB 4.2.5, and running PHP 7 (which offers a significant performance boost and which I have been running ever since the first Beta of vB 4.2.5 came out).

I just wanted to give the administration here a heads up on this.
    Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea... Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Default Re: The Final Version of vB 3.8.11 Released

Quote MarkFL said View Post
    On the 10th of this month, Paul M, the head admin at vBorg announced that the final version of vB 3.8.11 has been released (not a Beta), and he further stated:

Quote Paul M said
    I'm leaving IB, so I wont [officially] work on any 3.8.12, and I'm certain no one else will either.
    This version of vB allows you to run PHP 7.x (but not 7.2.x). My main experience is with vB 4.2.x, and I am in the process of upgrading all sites to the final version of vB 4.2.5, and running PHP 7 (which offers a significant performance boost and which I have been running ever since the first Beta of vB 4.2.5 came out).

I just wanted to give the administration here a heads up on this.
    Thanks, that's very thoughtful of you.
    "Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; ..."

"
    Beer, if drunk with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health."
    Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

3. Like button MarkFL liked this post