Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: It's back! Global Atheist Convention 2018

Default Re: It's back! Global Atheist Convention 2018

A Global Atheist Convention in 2018!!! The best news ever!!!
    The atmosphere and speakers at the last two conventions were inspiring! It was so sad that we did not get to meet Hitchens in 2012. Wish list. How about inviting Ricky Gervais and Tim Minchin to GAC 2018? Only 318 days to go!!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Quote AndyVetSA said View Post
    How about asking Pat Condell to come and entertain us?
    I fucking hope not.
    -Geoff Rogers

@Goldenmane3

3. Like button wolty, joele liked this post

Quote BornAgainAtheist said View Post
    How about inviting Ricky Gervais and Tim Minchin to GAC 2018?
    Tim almost certainly wouldn't make an appearance, from what he's said in the past about such ideas. Gervais might.
    -Geoff Rogers

@Goldenmane3

Quote Goldenmane said View Post
    I fucking hope not.
    I once would b have agreed about Pat Condell but he seems to have gone off the deep end lately or perhaps i just didn't see it before.
    Fantastic news about GAC2018 I'm looking forward to it, 2012 was so good i can't miss this.
    Yehaa

6. Like button wolty, two dogs liked this post

Convention 2018 has already happened???

Quote Banjo said View Post
    Convention 2018 has already happened???
    No, it's been announced for February next year. www.atheistconvention.org.au.

Looking forward to it very much!

10. Like button two dogs liked this post

Quote WesternGeo said View Post
    it would be good if we could have a rock-hound talk to us about the age of the Earth [ 5 thousand years old, of course ] stromatolites dinos and and evolutionizationismz.
    Just stick to the idea that science tests falsifiable hypotheses to destruction.

Quote Darwinsbulldog said View Post
    Quote WesternGeo said View Post
    it would be good if we could have a rock-hound talk to us about the age of the Earth [ 5 thousand years old, of course ] stromatolites dinos and and evolutionizationismz.
    How about 'the rest of history starts now'.

Edit. I was going to add something about the bemusing Catholic panic over supposed depopulation but I thought I had better do some 'research' first. So I typed in "Catholic depopulation" into a google search and everything crops up so many articles; from the supposed green fascist mysogynist depopulation agenda to other panicked Catholic church teachings and policies

That particular article is undated but either Nov 2015 or Nov 2016. It claims that global warming is a swindle because carbon
    The report maintains that the man-made portion of carbon dioxide (CO2) concentration in the atmosphere is negligibly low 0.018 percent, and the connection between CO2 emissions and climate change is unproven, thus the entire argument is based on a swindle.
    so that means that CO2 would only be 180 ppm! If only that were the case

This is mainstream teaching within the Catholic Church at the moment. While I am no fan of Kissinger this Catholic article accuses him of introducing the language of planned parenthood and choice to implement the supposed world depopulation agenda through attacking the machisma cultures of the third world in order to introduce such things as legalised abortion (here)
    Apparently climate change science is a secret world depopulation agenda.

But never fear, the 'Health Ranger' Mike Adams informs us that the depopulation agenda actually has insiders within the Catholic Church pushing for depopulation of the world to 1 billion here

It turns out that the real people they like to blame are those they label selfish' among us with none or only one child here

Edit 2: But then it turns out that other religions are blaming the Catholic Church for presiding over a new world order being a fourth Reich which actually teaches evolution and is apparently to blame for depopulation in Russia since 1992 and the current famines of the world, in a biblebelievers article titled World Depopulation and Slavery - Part III

(Note there is something to be said that there actually is a depopulation agenda (but not in the manner described by the Catholic Church or the anti-Catholic churches) in that the world frankly does not give a damn about the starving 20 million in Yemen and Africa).
    Last edited by wadaye; 6th April 2017 at 08:22 AM.
    "I'm an ape, I'm an African ape and I'm proud of it, and you should be too". Richard Dawkins

Quote TokenSkeptic said View Post
    No, it's been announced for February next year. www.atheistconvention.org.au.
    It was a joke.

How could it return???

Hang on, I recall an episode or two of Star Trek...