View Poll Results: Most things that you perform and get done - how interesting/boring are they, generall

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very interesting.

0 0%
  • A little interesting.

2 50.00%
  • A little boring.

0 0%
  • Very boring.

2 50.00%

Thread: Performance & Boredom

Default Performance & Boredom

Someone once said that you need to be very interested in something that you want to perform well at. I challenge this. I perform well and do things that I find even incredibly boring all the time - 99% of the times literally. This includes reading books for myself, drawing, studying/working, meeting people, going out, cooking and exercising.

Hence, the poll question.

Default Re: Performance & Boredom

More power to you. I have a lot of trouble getting things done if they are boring. Of course at work I do what needs to be done to the best of my ability. I'm a casual so my job isn't secure. not that I would slack off as a full timer.
    When I actually do finish something I'm interested in it's pretty cool, because I am a terrible procrastinator.
    “It's not my responsibility to be beautiful. I'm not alive for that purpose. My existence is not about how desirable you find me.” ― Warsan shire
    “Human beings have rights and are entitled to respect. Ideas, books, and beliefs don’t, and aren’t.” ― Ali A Rizvi

3. Like button Azurisan21 liked this post

I can't be bothered with this.

...never eat your own nose...

Boredom is underrated. It can be a gift, a joy, a pleasure and it can be a very precious thing - perspectively. If you are not starving, dying of thirst, under constant threat of violence, in a war zone, being visciously persecuted, tortured, threatened, in perpetual fear of poverty, losing your job and dysfunctional heartbreaking relationship breakdown then boredom is something that may well happen. Embrace it. Boredom is freedom. Boredom is just the space to think and create and act that hasn't been filled up with thinking acting and creating yet - so get to it. Don't bemoan boredom, love it.

6. Like button knowledge is power liked this post

Meh.
    ...never eat your own nose...

Quote knowledge is power said View Post
    More power to you. I have a lot of trouble getting things done if they are boring. Of course at work I do what needs to be done to the best of my ability. I'm a casual so my job isn't secure. not that I would slack off as a full timer.
    When I actually do finish something I'm interested in it's pretty cool, because I am a terrible procrastinator.
    I myself am similar in almost every regard except... the things I am best at tend to be required for things I do want to do. The stuff I actually want to do I'm not any good at, lol.