Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Credible Online Atheism Resources

Default Re: Credible Online Atheism Resources

Had to share that. It's too good to languish in this little corner of the web.

2. Like button Spearthrower liked this post
    Thank button DanDare thanked this post

Well shucks guys thanks.

The proof of the pudding will be in EbonyBreeCaple's response. EBC does it make sense? Did something about my explanation seem wonky to you?
    "History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government".
    -Thomas Jefferson

Burden of proof is the obligation on somebody presenting a claim to provide evidence to support its truth (a warrant). Once evidence has been presented, it is up to any opposing "side" to show the evidence presented is not adequate. If claims were accepted without warrants, then every claim could simultaneously be claimed to be true.

History isn't written by the victors. It's written by the people with the time machines.

4. Like button hackenslash liked this post

Quote DanDare said View Post
    Well shucks guys thanks.
    While the details are fuzzy, I recall you walking a particular religionist through the basics of experimentation a good few years back on The Other Forum!

I like how you restrict yourself to only conversing with those who exhibit some form of ability to comprehend, then you go far out of your way to help them understand!

6. Like button hackenslash liked this post
    Thank button DanDare thanked this post

Quote Spearthrower said View Post
    Well shucks guys thanks.
    While the details are fuzzy, I recall you walking a particular religionist through the basics of experimentation a good few years back on The Other Forum!

I like how you restrict yourself to only conversing with those who exhibit some form of ability to comprehend, then you go far out of your way to help them understand!
    That was my first ever internet teaching gig, as such. I started by getting him to hold car keys and drop them and describe what he saw. As I remember we progressed to fish tanks and silt to show how sediment layering works.
    Before that I spent a lot of years doing adult education in TAFE. Now I like to try and help people grasp ideas and concepts and learn how to learn more. It doesn't work with folks determined not to learn though. For me there is an added payoff because I often learn a lot myself and have to reevaluate my own knowledge.
    "History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government".
    -Thomas Jefferson

Burden of proof is the obligation on somebody presenting a claim to provide evidence to support its truth (a warrant). Once evidence has been presented, it is up to any opposing "side" to show the evidence presented is not adequate. If claims were accepted without warrants, then every claim could simultaneously be claimed to be true.

History isn't written by the victors. It's written by the people with the time machines.

8. Like button Spearthrower, hackenslash liked this post

For me there is an added payoff because I often learn a lot myself and have to reevaluate my own knowledge.
    Teaching definitely gives you insight into how you know what you think you know, and consequently how to transmit the core kernel of that information more effectively.

10. Like button DanDare, hackenslash liked this post