Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did you do anything spiritual for Christmas?

Default Re: Did you do anything spiritual for Christmas?

My wife puts up lots of Xmas displays including an entire village on my pool table and a nativity scene. Naturally, I add dangerous animals to the farm animals to spice it up. Last year it was an alligator much like the photo below, this year was a giant funnel web spider.

2. Laugh button knowledge is power laughed at this post

No. We enjoyed a Mythmas dinner at Miss Maud's where we consumed the dinosaur Meleagris gallopavo with all the trimmings. "Obligatory" visits to relatives, with mixed success. We call 2016 "The Year Of Frustration" , trying to achieve things but boxes simply don't remain "ticked". Being a guardian/administrator for a severely mentally ill person feels like being a rat on an exercise wheel.
    One bright spot was the sale of the Northam house, which of course, might not happen after all.

Partner has to continue to work with the fascist bags of shit called the Murdoch Law school. If they were on fire I would not piss on them to put them out, just let them burn.
    Just stick to the idea that science tests falsifiable hypotheses to destruction.

I'm not a fan of letting religions take over perfectly good words so I like and use terms like spirituality. I struggle to define the word so I'll describe my Christmas day which I think was very spiritual.

I woke up and cooked bacon and eggs on a camp stove then walked 20km into Mt Remarkable National Park. I had turkey and ham salad sandwiches for lunch while resting in the shade and reading and meditating on some passages from Meditations by Marcus Aurelius. I finished my walk and set up camp early as it was crazily hot. I sat in my chair in the shade and read some of a Pratchett book that I had been saving. I had a late dinner of chicken, rice, pudding and custard, not all in the same bowl! I then walked up to the top of the ridge and watched the sunset while listening to music. That night I lay in my hammock and watched the stars until I fell asleep. In hindsight, I wish I had taken the pale blue dot speech, that would have been amazing to listen to on top of a mountain ridge under the stars.

5. Like button Spearthrower liked this post

Quote SEG said View Post
    You should've put baby Jesus in the croc's mouth!
    “It's not my responsibility to be beautiful. I'm not alive for that purpose. My existence is not about how desirable you find me.” ― Warsan shire
    “Human beings have rights and are entitled to respect. Ideas, books, and beliefs don’t, and aren’t.” ― Ali A Rizvi