Thread: Volunteers Needed for Research into Australian Non-Religion

Default Volunteers Needed for Research into Australian Non-Religion

My name is Rhys and I am a sociologist representing the Religion and Society Research Cluster at Western Sydney University. For the past few months I have been conducting social research into Australian non-religion, in which I have been investigating the diversity of non-religion in Australia, as well as examining the processes by which individuals become active atheists, humanists, and rationalists.

At the moment, I am looking for volunteers who would like the opportunity to discuss their views on atheism and religion as part of this study. If you are interested, I'd be happy to organise a Skype interview with you for whenever is convenient. Volunteers need to be between 18 to 45 years old, be fluent in English, and be members of the Atheist Foundation of Australia.

If you would like to participate in an interview, or if you have any further questions in regard to any aspects of the research, please do not hesitate to email me on r.gower@westernsydney.edu.au.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

2. Like button Spearthrower, Darwinsbulldog liked this post

Default Re: Volunteers Needed for Research into Australian Non-Religion

Can I recommend the guy that lives up and just across from me? He's kind of quiet.

Creeps me out, dude.

Quote Rhys_ said View Post
    Volunteers need to be between 18 to 45 years old
    I can understand the need to be over 18 but I am struggling to understand the 45yo cut-off point. Would it invalidate the study if people were 46?

It may be research looking into the main driving force behind atheism and non-belief in the modern world, which even then doesn't really rule out older people as long as they became atheists after a certain date. It would be interesting to know why the age cut off date.
    From the mouth of a seven year old: "When you're you're dead, you don't go anywhere!"

Quote JGE said View Post
    I can understand the need to be over 18 but I am struggling to understand the 45yo cut-off point. Would it invalidate the study if people were 46?
    There is a legitimate reason behind the 18 to 45 age range, as we have already interviewed a large number of atheists over the age of 45. We are now seeking to interview atheists from younger age groups in so that we can better grasp atheist viewpoints across different generations

7. Thank button The Irreverent Mr Black thanked this post
    workmx is offline Feminazi and semi-professional inconoclast

Happy to help out.

Although I am generally wary of sociologists.
    Forgive me, I'm a sociologist and high horse slut!

Hello!

This research study into Australian non-religion will be concluding soon, but we are still looking for a few more volunteers who would like the opportunity to discuss their views on atheism and religion before we wrap up.

If you would like to participate in this study, please feel free to contact me on r.gower@westernsydney.edu.au to arrange an interview. Volunteers need to be between 18 and 45 years old, be fluent in English, and be members of the Atheist Foundation of Australia.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

10. Like button TokenSkeptic liked this post
    workmx is offline Feminazi and semi-professional inconoclast

Email sent.
    Forgive me, I'm a sociologist and high horse slut!

12. Like button Rhys_ liked this post

BUMPING THIS.