Thread: Supporter Organisations for Safe Schools

Default Supporter Organisations for Safe Schools

Supporter Organisations

Organisations across Australia are pledging their support for Safe Schools Coalition Australia. They want to see every school in the country safe and more inclusive for same sex attracted, intersex and gender diverse students, teachers and their families. All the organisations listed below have pledged their support.

Supporters’ pledge
    We believe that schools should provide a safe and inclusive environment for all students, so that they can learn, grow, and reach their full potential – free from bullying and discrimination. We pledge to stand up against homophobia and transphobia whenever we see or hear it. We are proud to support Safe Schools Coalition Australia and its work to create positive change for same sex attracted, intersex and gender diverse students, school staff and families.
    If you would like your organisation to become a supporter, contact us!

Logo Organisation Name State/
    Territory
    Australian Secondary Principals' Association (ASPA)
    National
    Australian Council of State School Organisations (ACSSO)
    National

Australian Education Union
    National

Beyondblue National

headspace
    National

...[snip]...

Queensland Teachers' Union
    QLD

Open Doors Youth Service
    QLD

P&Cs Qld
    QLD

Mental Illness Fellowship Queensland
    QLD
    Wesley Mission Brisbane QLD

Australian Transgender Support Association QLD QLD

Brisbane LGBTIQ Action Group QLD
    The Queensland AIDS Council Qld
    Young People Ahead Youth & Community Services Inc. QLD
    LGBTI Legal Service Inc. QLD
    Association of Women Educators
    QLD
    Secular Public Education
    QLD
    Humanist Society of Queensland
    QLD ..... and the list goes on
    Full Article...
    "History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government".
    -Thomas Jefferson

Burden of proof is the obligation on somebody presenting a claim to provide evidence to support its truth (a warrant). Once evidence has been presented, it is up to any opposing "side" to show the evidence presented is not adequate. If claims were accepted without warrants, then every claim could simultaneously be claimed to be true.

History isn't written by the victors. It's written by the people with the time machines.

2. Like button Goldenmane liked this post
    Thank button Goldenmane thanked this post

Default Re: Supporter Organisations for Safe Schools

This month's Fulmination, coming soon to a podcast near you...
    -Geoff Rogers

@Goldenmane3

4. Like button Strato liked this post

This is a good start
    [odd]The immenseness of the universe - and Jesus sitting on the outside worried whether a species, that happens to be alive during a blip on the timeline of existence, is masterbating or not. Priceless.
    [Goldenmane]To put it another way: I can be charitable without dogma, and if you preach at me as a condition for accepting your help, then you can fuck off.

Theists! Don't forget to read the Great Big List before posting.
    Goldenmane’s Third Rule of Public Discourse
    Goldenmane's Exposition On Rule Fucking Three

With so much support coming out from the community on Safe Schools with luck this will turn into an own goal. While started from the poorest of intentions, I am hoping the focus on the program and community support will actually result in some benefit to the program.

I can't really see it being cancelled, only the most suicidal politician would do that considering the current backing of the program in the community.
    From the mouth of a seven year old: "When you're you're dead, you don't go anywhere!"

7. Like button DanDare liked this post

Quote stevebrooks said View Post
    With so much support coming out from the community on Safe Schools with luck this will turn into an own goal. While started from the poorest of intentions, I am hoping the focus on the program and community support will actually result in some benefit to the program.

I can't really see it being cancelled, only the most suicidal politician would do that considering the current backing of the program in the community.
    But some of the politicians in question honestly believe that they are representing a silent majority.

Quote cyclist said View Post
    But some of the politicians in question honestly believe that they are representing a silent majority.
    And that's the point, most people are silent because they don't really think our politicians will do anything monumentally stupid, but this may be enough to get some of those silent people to speak up and say "no, we aren't your silent majority, you don't speak for us!"

As I said an own goal, as long as that majority remains silent anyone can claim them as their own, but if you rouse them out of silence you better be damn sure they actually are your silent majority!
    From the mouth of a seven year old: "When you're you're dead, you don't go anywhere!"

Big discussion on Q&A tonight.
    That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence

Hi all, I follow Queensland Parents for Secular State Schools on FB and they've got an e-petition in the Queensland Parliament website in support of Safe Schools. Granted there have probably been a few petitions like this around, and not just for Queensland, but I thought I'd share the link anyway.

http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/wor...ns/e-petitions

At time of writing there were 255 signatures in support and 1893 against on a separate petition. So more people in support would be awesome! And if you could spread the word that would be awesome.

Cheers all!

Edit: you need to be a Queensland resident for this one. Sorry! I should have mentioned it.
    Last edited by Sgtpepper; 9th March 2016 at 09:56 PM. Reason: left out important detail
    The lights went out in his eyes for absolutely the very last time ever. - Douglas Adams

Quote Sgtpepper said View Post
    Hi all, I follow Queensland Parents for Secular State Schools on FB and they've got an e-petition in the Queensland Parliament website in support of Safe Schools. Granted there have probably been a few petitions like this around, and not just for Queensland, but I thought I'd share the link anyway.

http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/wor...ns/e-petitions

At time of writing there were 255 signatures in support and 1893 against on a separate petition. So more people in support would be awesome! And if you could spread the word that would be awesome.

Cheers all!

Edit: you need to be a Queensland resident for this one. Sorry! I should have mentioned it.
    And I am one of the founders of QPSSS so you better do it! Ok, not you, the other one. Yes, you on the left.
    "History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government".
    -Thomas Jefferson

Burden of proof is the obligation on somebody presenting a claim to provide evidence to support its truth (a warrant). Once evidence has been presented, it is up to any opposing "side" to show the evidence presented is not adequate. If claims were accepted without warrants, then every claim could simultaneously be claimed to be true.

History isn't written by the victors. It's written by the people with the time machines.