Page 204 of 211 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2102

Thread: The You Tube and Media Thread

Default Re: The You Tube and Media Thread

Bummer. I hope it comes good, mate.
    -Geoff Rogers

@Goldenmane3

2. Like button wolty liked this post

Quote Goldenmane said View Post
    Bummer. I hope it comes good, mate.
    Cheers mate.
    I strap it and it's fine. Otherwise dodgy. Might just take a while.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
    —Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary

Default The You Tube and Media Thread

Spike Milligan giving an award acceptance speech, in which he calls Prince Charles a "little grovelling bastard"!

"Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; ..."

"
    Beer, if drunk with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health."
    Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

5. Thank button DanDare thanked this post
    Laugh button DanDare laughed at this post

What happens when a Rabbi, a Priest, and an Atheist smoke weed together?

:lol:
    ...never eat your own nose...

7. Like button DanDare liked this post

I think the atheist dude didn't understand what being an atheist is.

He seems to realise the god-concept is shit, and of course he was fucked around by religious fanatics of one sort or another. But he is ripe for conversion back to a religious creed, because he doesn't understand, or has not bothered to work out that a god universe is not the one he lives in.

So he falls for all the usual traps. Big, awesome universe, therefore god. Spiritual feelings, therefore god. Chants and words, therefore god, and so on. I give him a year, max, and he will be back into some religion or other. He is an "accidental" atheist.
    Just stick to the idea that science tests falsifiable hypotheses to destruction.

Quote wolty said View Post

Brilliant!!!!
    His channel includes dance tutorials. Yahoo!!! That'll fix my back problems for sure!
    "History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government".
    -Thomas Jefferson

Burden of proof is the obligation on somebody presenting a claim to provide evidence to support its truth (a warrant). Once evidence has been presented, it is up to any opposing "side" to show the evidence presented is not adequate. If claims were accepted without warrants, then every claim could simultaneously be claimed to be true.

History isn't written by the victors. It's written by the people with the time machines.

10. Laugh button wolty laughed at this post

Quote THWOTH said View Post
    What happens when a Rabbi, a Priest, and an Atheist smoke weed together?

:lol:
    The thing is like... when it....fuck those ashes were really blue...because...you know what I mean? Look at that..............
    "History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government".
    -Thomas Jefferson

Burden of proof is the obligation on somebody presenting a claim to provide evidence to support its truth (a warrant). Once evidence has been presented, it is up to any opposing "side" to show the evidence presented is not adequate. If claims were accepted without warrants, then every claim could simultaneously be claimed to be true.

History isn't written by the victors. It's written by the people with the time machines.

12. Laugh button THWOTH laughed at this post

Cannabis use and cognitive dysfunction

This review considers the effects of cannabis on cognitive functioning, in both short and long term. Although the general impression supported by many studies is that cannabis causes cognitive decline, particularly with long-term usage, some research suggests that this may not be the case. Nevertheless, certain specific neuropsychological parameters have been found to be affected. Most commonly and consistently reported are response time, prolongation of word viewing time, basic oculomotor deficit, residual verbal memory and executive functioning. The pathways to cognitive dysfunction are given particular focus, including the role of the central nervous system (CNS) cannabinoid system. Finally, the psychiatric effects of cannabis are considered in light of the idea that cognitive function may be the common denominator in the association between cannabis and psychotic disorders

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3221171/

Not sure those guys should be smoking!
    Just stick to the idea that science tests falsifiable hypotheses to destruction.

Loki is offline You get what everyone gets....you get a lifetime Moderator

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."Philip K. Dick

15. Laugh button two dogs, yowie, DanDare laughed at this post

Couldn't stop laughing!