Page 2 of 322 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: President Donald Trump

Default Re: Donald Trump

The man's an idiot;

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34303126

But Mr Trump hit back in a series of tweets: "Am I morally obligated to defend the president every time somebody says something bad or controversial about him? I don't think so!
    It wasn't bad or controversial, it was an outright lie, but not only was it an outright lie, it was an outright lie that Trump was the chief instigator for. It was Trump who demanded Obama produce his birth certificate, it was trump who stared the entire "Obama is not an American" Thing, so yes he is morally obligated to correct lies based on his behaviour and actions.

Mr Trump added that if he had challenged the man he would have been accused of interfering with his right to free speech.
    So, the man is entitled to lie and spread falsehoods and challenging him would have infringed his free speech, but Trump couldn't have used his own right to free speech to point out the man was wrong? This is a defense that's so shallow and self serving it needs to be given an award of some sort, the "monumental cockup" award maybe.
    From the mouth of a seven year old: "When you're you're dead, you don't go anywhere!"

Quote odd said View Post
    It is an interesting insight into the American political landscape - but I do not believe for a second that Trump has any real chance of ever being the President.
    I agree, its why i hope he wins the nomination. Hillary will eat him alive in those endless presidential debates they have. I think it would be a very dangerous moment for our species to a have republican president.

Some of the saner parts of the Republican party must be writhing in pain at the thought of handing the Democracts this election essentially uncontested if Trump gets the nomination. It will likely mean another 8 years with the Dems in the executive as most American presidents get two terms.

Trump is popular with the grass-roots bible thumping and fearful Republican supporters, but his alienation of virtually every minority group in the country shows a real lack of awareness when it comes to the demographic reality of the US. No country is obsessed with 'race' as much as the US, and so we have very good statistics to show that white non-hispanic citizens are about to be a minority.

https://www.census.gov/content/dam/C...o/p25-1143.pdf

Quote WesternGeo said View Post
    Some of the saner parts of the Republican party must be writhing in pain at the thought of handing the Democracts this election essentially uncontested if Trump gets the nomination. It will likely mean another 8 years with the Dems in the executive as most American presidents get two terms.
    Are they though? They'll always have control over congress. Maybe they'll just concede the executive to the Dems and block away, sure is safer in some ways, in which case they may as well go with the dumbologist egomaniac and hope like hell he doesn't win.

Quote pipbarber said View Post
    Are they though? They'll always have control over congress. Maybe they'll just concede the executive to the Dems and block away, sure is safer in some ways, in which case they may as well go with the dumbologist egomaniac and hope like hell he doesn't win.
    Can they retain congress though if they alienate minority voters from the party long-term? The Democrats had control of the house in the 2009-2011 period, as long as Clinton is not too on the nose in her first term they can get it back.

Quote WesternGeo said View Post
    Trump is popular with the grass-roots bible thumping and fearful Republican supporters,
    Actually from what I was reading, not so much after all, it appears Trump is coming across as politician pretending to be conservative and extreme, but isn't really fooling anyone;

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34365974

For a while, it appeared that Mr Trump was going to give the Values Voter Summit a pass, prompting Family Research Council President Tony Perkins to question his commitment to religious voters.

"I think that is going to send a message to evangelicals and values voters that he wants their support, but he is not really interested in having a conversation with them," Mr Perkins told the Christian Post.
    From the mouth of a seven year old: "When you're you're dead, you don't go anywhere!"

I think he's losing ground now, last few days, based on a poll or two and some very quick news reading. Ironically, i dont think he invokes hay-zues enough for the demographic satisfaction.

According to the USA TODAY GOP Power Rankings 29/9, when those surveyed were asked to volunteer one word to describe Trump, the most frequent response was "idiot" or "jerk".

So the 'Muricans don't get everything wrong apparently?
    Invisible Pink Unicorns are beings of great spiritual power. We know this because they are capable of being invisible and pink at the same time.
    Like all religions, belief in the Invisible Pink Unicorn is based upon both logic and faith.
    We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we canít see them.

I literally laughed out loud this time.

There could be a certain ironic genius at play by attempting to demonstrate the depth of his christian convictions by guaranteeing that everyone will say merry christmas....but there isn't. He's just a nut.

Donald Trump longs for Saddam and Gaddafi days

"We can work with those guys!
    "Just stick to the idea that science is just about making descriptive models of natural phenomena, whose emergent predictions are tested to destruction" - Woof!
    "Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves" - Richard Feynman