Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free Raif Badawi

Default Re: Free Raif Badawi

lol bulldog. Oh well at least you express yourself here and now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by wadaye; 12th June 2015 at 01:28 PM.
    "I'm an ape, I'm an African ape and I'm proud of it, and you should be too". Richard Dawkins

Quote Darwinsbulldog said View Post
    Quote wadaye said View Post
    Thank you Strato and Bulldog, I regretted not editing as soon as I saw it but it was too late. It's a slow lesson for me. Bulldog or anyone for sure go for it. They certainly need to be told in the strongest possible voice that it is they who defame their own god by their actions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks wadeye! my letters to the Saudis start off reasonable but quickly degenerate into a lot of personal insults that would make a Nazi blush!

Ok Done. I used your framework wadeye, but I think I have blown my chances of 72 virgins in the afterlife! Thanks.
    It's good to know Tones is watching your back! Yesterday he said Daesh is coming after each and every one of us. You are not helping.
    Wars begin in the minds of men.
    The UNESCO motto, in Enlightenment Now, the Case for Reason, Science, Humanism and Progress, Steven Pinker, 2018.

sorry about that Strato i wasn't thinking of us ...
    "I'm an ape, I'm an African ape and I'm proud of it, and you should be too". Richard Dawkins

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/m...cial-1.3341687

Report that Raif is being pardoned.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    -Geoff Rogers

@Goldenmane3

Hopefully it right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Twisted Sister

Quote Goldenmane said View Post

Mixed feelings about that. Pleased for the individual being pardoned, but it does not change much. The regime needs to go. You can push water up hill, but it will flow down again faster than you can swish the broom. There will be other "heretics" caught, and punished. More pardons? Yes, a few. But it doesn't change much.
    Just stick to the idea that science tests falsifiable hypotheses to destruction.

Quote Goldenmane said View Post

Sounds positive. Pardoned is still a bit perjorative but hey it's better than being beheaded and crucified.

The Saudis oppose ISIS, so, it follows they feel sentiments favourable to the West. Or they wish to ingratiate themselves to the West by capitulating and freeing Raif. But I'll believe that when we hear through the underground how it has fared for Raif after a couple of years.. Hang on...

Oh what a tangled web... Realpolitik. Fucking intractable. What of the women and kids?

This was written 6 months ago, but things haven't changed at all. For those who like black humour,

http://www.theatlantic.com/internati...rd-game/400034
    Last edited by Strato; 8th December 2015 at 04:49 PM.
    Wars begin in the minds of men.
    The UNESCO motto, in Enlightenment Now, the Case for Reason, Science, Humanism and Progress, Steven Pinker, 2018.

It is only through ignorance religion can exist. The facts are the Islamic bull shit faith is based on the ravings of Mohammad who was a person that suffered a medical condition known as voice epilepsy. This cause him to think he heard voices when he was having his seizures and it is a well documented medical condition.

The fact Mohammad managed to convince people his seizures were a god speaking to him, and then murdered anyone that disagreed with him is no valid reason to believe any of the bull shit they call Islam years after the murdering thug died.