Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saw an article on Geocentrism which I wanted to comment on.

odd is offline I, for one, welcome our new insect overlord. Moderator

Default Re: Saw an article on Geocentrism which I wanted to comment on.

Quote excubitor said View Post
    I am being completely misrepresented here. I did not start this thread. Nor did I create a post with just these words alone.

I believe I am being quote mined.

Please delete this thread. Create another one with the OP author being the person who started the thread and put the exact quote in quotation marks with a link to the original post.

I cannot recall saying those words and will not respond without recalling the context of the words.

Please correct this misrepresentation of my account immediately.
    Of the posts you have made - this:

I am completely opposed to the kooky atheist view.
    is the one you want to distance yourself from?

'[They] agreed that it was neither possible nor necessary to educate people who never questioned anything.' ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22

'While on the other hand, dachshunds are always out of their depth.' - Cyclist

'I'm 'a' problem, not 'the' problem.' - Wolty

'You have to be odd to be number one.' - Dr Suess

Logic please is offline Some need an imaginary wingman Super Moderator

Well... this is different.
    I am being completely misrepresented here. I did not start this thread. Nor did I create a post with just these words alone.

Please delete this thread. Create another one with the OP author being the person who started the thread and put the exact quote in quotation marks with a link to the original post.

I cannot recall saying those words and will not respond without recalling the context of the words.

Sorry, but we don't delete user threads or posts except in quite specific circumstances. To do so might be viewed by some as censorship... wouldn't it?

I personally think that any allegations of a user account being hacked, misrepresented or misused should be taken seriously. So, to assist with investigation, please confirm:

1. Are you the same person that has been corresponding with me by PM under this same "excubitor" user account, as recently as 9/8/14 AEST? A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice;
    2. What is the actual substance of your allegations?
    (i) that you never posted the OP at all, and thus it has been created and appears on your user account via "someone else"? or;
    (ii) that you posted an OP for this thread, but it has been edited or replaced by "someone else" in some way and thus misrepresents what you originally posted?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Logic please; 11th August 2014 at 10:53 PM.
    *Gods* are not only a legal fiction, but a fiction in every way. Just ask the nearest hippie...

I am completely opposed to the kooky atheist view.
    Please expand on the "kooky atheist view" I've not heard about that. Feel free to elucidate.
    An atheist hears a voice in their head, they're delusional.
    A theist hears a voice in their head and it's providence.
    mmm go figure

http://www.betterhuman.org

you're funny!

or actually, not. You're thread indicating a mysterious article as yet not presented then a further mystery claim of atheist kookyness possibly linked to the unnamed article but once again undefined by you. Then you go on the attack with claims of misrepresentation and quote mining? Oh please, had you been drinking when posting the op? or are you now attempting a flounce to avoid presenting your rationale and evidence in another thread about a movie that you have outstanding questions in? More assertions without evidence huh?
    "Here kitty, kitty, kitty ..." Erwin Schrodinger

Quote Logic please said View Post
    Well... this is different.

Sorry, but we don't delete user threads or posts except in quite specific circumstances. To do so might be viewed by some as censorship... wouldn't it?
    So would applying infractions unjustly and banning members because they hold a view contrary to yours.
    In this specific circumstance where my account has been hacked it warrants that this thread should be deleted.
    While you are at it. Please also delete my account.

I personally think that any allegations of a user account being hacked, misrepresented or misused should be taken seriously. So, to assist with investigation, please confirm:

1. Are you the same person that has been corresponding with me by PM under this same "excubitor" user account, as recently as 9/8/14 AEST? A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice;
    Yes I corresponded with you as excubitor via PM. I did not create the OP of this thread and I did not therefore create the thread. Nor have I at anytime written the words ascribed to me in post 1.

2. What is the actual substance of your allegations?
    (i) that you never posted the OP at all, and thus it has been created and appears on your user account via "someone else"? or;
    (ii) that you posted an OP for this thread, but it has been edited or replaced by "someone else" in some way and thus misrepresents what you originally posted?
    Thanks in advance.
    My allegation is clear and an exact statement of truth. I did not create this topic at all. I did not create post 1 of this thread in any form. My statement is that somebody has hacked my account and created the thread and the OP.

For this reason amongst others I want my account deleted from this forum along with the OP and all references to the OP in this thread.
    Last edited by excubitor; 12th August 2014 at 07:46 PM.

To bear out my claim please look at this list of my posts which clearly does not include post 1 of this thread.
    http://www.atheistfoundation.org.au/...archid=1335048

So would applying infractions unjustly and banning members because they hold a view contrary to yours.
    In this specific circumstance where my account has been hacked it warrants that this thread should be deleted.
    While you are at it. Please also delete my account.

Yes I corresponded with you as excubitor via PM. I did not create the OP of this thread and I did not therefore create the thread. Nor have I at anytime written the words ascribed to me in post 1.

My allegation is clear and an exact statement of truth. I did not create this topic at all. I did not create post 1 of this thread in any form. My statement is that somebody has hacked my account and created the thread and the OP.

For this reason amongst others I want my account deleted from this forum along with the OP and all references to the OP in this thread.
    Looks like bullshit to me, happy to be proven wrong though.
    Holding contrary views has not been an issue here I have seen, not substantiating them when requested is.
    Hacking? Really?! Who could be arsed? For a start you are making a fool of yourself adeptly enough with these unevidenced assertions that there would be little point even if that was form around this forum. Secondly I suspect posts have an originating address so if it is shown to be yours will you retract your accusation?
    Though you may have your account deleted your shit stains on the rug here will probably remain for posterity as testament to your credibility.
    Lastly, when are you going to answer the outstanding demands from the geocentric movie thread?
    "Here kitty, kitty, kitty ..." Erwin Schrodinger

To bear out my claim please look at this list of my posts which clearly does not include post 1 of this thread.
    http://www.atheistfoundation.org.au/...archid=1335048
    The list I'm looking at does.

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
    —Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary

Loki is offline You get what everyone gets....you get a lifetime Moderator

Excubitor, you may not be aware of the functionality of Vbulletin. The originating IP address and account holder of each and every post made is recorded.

Similar details are recorded for each and any modification of any post.

There is a detailed trail.

The originating IP address for that post is unsurprisingly the same as the one your account was registered from and unsurprisingly identical to each and all of your consequent posts.

While your broken link leads to an error message anyone is welcome to search excubitor's posts, where they will currently find the post in question is reported at position 57, in my case this is on Page 3.

Stop with the silly games.

That post will not be deleted.

Your account will not be deleted.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."Philip K. Dick

Yes excubitor. All your posts come from you or your computer. None have been edited or changed in any way.

While your broken link leads to an error message anyone is welcome to search excubitor's posts, where they will currently find the post in question is reported at position 57, in my case this is on Page 3.
    And where the screen shot is from.

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
    —Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary