Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kiwi teacher who saw the light; then turned away from it...

Default Re: Kiwi teacher who saw the light; then turned away from it...

It just does my head in aye mate. I simply can't stand having to intervene when the kids start eating these tossers alive. It serves them right, but I only jump in because after they've gone I have to settle my bunch down again.

As for the cunning 'fun days', leaflets and free 'shows' they put on for kids aligned to a faith, last December I had to look after about 30 kids who were not included in the show that the bible bashers put on (music and a play). I fielded all sorts of "Why can't we go" questions and as much as I wanted to have a rant about how lucky they were NOT to be going, I knew it would be un-pro.....so I just let them loose on my collection of handheld videogames and made paper planes with them....they had more fun than they would have otherwise! When the others got back THEY were asking: "Awwww, why couldn't we have STAYED!?" Haha!
    Sy
    "I'd rather go to hell with my integrity than sell my soul to get into heaven." Richard Coughlan
    http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=_bjOyt9PBzA

Ooops, double posted!
    "I'd rather go to hell with my integrity than sell my soul to get into heaven." Richard Coughlan
    http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=_bjOyt9PBzA

Hi SyVincent,

I got last months edition of the AFA magazine and am thinking of subscribing. Anyone else done this?

We have a member in Hawkes Bay!
    If you would like to subscribe send me an email at info@atheistfoundation.org.au

Cheers
    Lee

Quote atomac said View Post
    Where I currently work we seem to have frequent requests to distribute flyers to free concerts and "fun days" hosted by local fundamentalist churches. They go in the bin. We even had people come through the school with a "fun", environmental, happy, keep fit, be nice, love God show.
    Hi Atomac, jeebus, I had forgotten all about the 'love God shows' at school (proof of no long term affect I guess). I remember the puppet shows that were meant to teach us christian moral values (think 1970 but I'm sure it hasn't changed) I can't believe they still let that crap still happen. Good on you for taking a stand on behalf of the kids
    If you fail to meet the repayments on your exorcism...are you repossessed?

Howdy Sy

I just joined the forum today.
    see you around the chats.

M