Page 440 of 564 FirstFirst ... 340390430436437438439440441442443444450490540 ... LastLast
Results 4,391 to 4,400 of 5632

Thread: Pub trivia

Default Re: Pub trivia

Hint time: It's the Island where Zukerberg tried to claim ownership over unattended land around his estate.

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
    —Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary

Kuaii, Kuai, Kawai, Kawaii, Kawasaki (), Kwai, Kawai, Keuai, Kowai, Kowii, Kevin.

I know it's not Maui, and I've eliminated the rest () and now I'm just guessing on the spelling of the last one, which I'm sure it begins with K and sounds similar to Hawaii.

Damn! I used to be good at geography.
    What, indeed, is an atheist? He is one who destroys delusions which are harmful to humanity in order to lead men back to nature, to reality, to reason. Baron d'Holbach

_____

If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men. Baron d'Holbach

3. Like button two dogs liked this post

Quote Voltairine said View Post
    Kuaii, Kuai, Kawai, Kawaii, Kawasaki (), Kwai, Kawai, Keuai, Kowai, Kowii, Kevin.

I know it's not Maui, and I've eliminated the rest () and now I'm just guessing on the spelling of the last one, which I'm sure it begins with K and sounds similar to Hawaii.

Damn! I used to be good at geography.
    I'm impressed because with all those attempts, you still didn't spell it correctly.

Kauai.

Too funny.

Your go.

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
    —Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary

5. Like button two dogs, Mjt liked this post
    Laugh button Voltairine, Darwinsbulldog laughed at this post

Kauai

What, indeed, is an atheist? He is one who destroys delusions which are harmful to humanity in order to lead men back to nature, to reality, to reason. Baron d'Holbach

_____

If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men. Baron d'Holbach

I'm going to stick with geography because, apparently, I'm not as good at it as I thought I was/once was.
    ------------------------------

Norway's land area is 365,245 sq.km. The UK's land area is 241,930 sq. km.

Put these four countries in their correct order of land area, all of which fall between Norway and the UK in land area: Poland, New Zealand, Malaysia, Japan.

Norway 365, 245
    UK 241,930

(All figures according to World Bank Org.)

_____

Norway
    Japan
    Poland
    Malaysia
    New Zealand
    UK?
    Just stick to the idea that science tests falsifiable hypotheses to destruction.

Not it.

_____

Norway
    Japan
    Malaysia
    New Zealand
    Poland
    UK?
    I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.
    Mark Twain

Nope.

_____

Norway
    Poland
    New Zealand
    Malaysia
    Japan
    UK