Page 188 of 241 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 2407

Thread: Funny Pictures

Default Re: Funny Pictures

"Send me money, send me green, heaven you will meet. Make your contribution and you'll get a better seat" - Metallica, Leper Messiah

2. Like button Onlyatheory? liked this post

Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so. Robert A. Heinlein

4. Like button two dogs, DanDare liked this post
    Thank button wadaye thanked this post

Scottish Sunday Herald TV guide today

"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government".
    -Thomas Jefferson

Burden of proof is the obligation on somebody presenting a claim to provide evidence to support its truth (a warrant). Once evidence has been presented, it is up to any opposing "side" to show the evidence presented is not adequate. If claims were accepted without warrants, then every claim could simultaneously be claimed to be true.

History isn't written by the victors. It's written by the people with the time machines.

6. Laugh button two dogs, Stubby, wolty laughed at this post

"Send me money, send me green, heaven you will meet. Make your contribution and you'll get a better seat" - Metallica, Leper Messiah

8. Laugh button wolty, DanDare, Beatrice, WesternGeo laughed at this post

10. Like button DanDare liked this post

Quote Stubby said View Post

I don't really get that - is it real? Did a real GOP connected site aimed at teenagers ask their followers what gun Jesus would like?

If so, they represent the most stupid elements of Christianity, of American Republicans, and of gun culture in the US.

12. Like button DanDare, Stubby liked this post

Quote Spearthrower said View Post
    I don't really get that - is it real? Did a real GOP connected site aimed at teenagers ask their followers what gun Jesus would like?

If so, they represent the most stupid elements of Christianity, of American Republicans, and of gun culture in the US.
    They really did ask that and twitter was at it's finest that day.
    I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.
    Mark Twain

'Nail gun' is pretty funny.

Trying my best to be frankest and politest as possible, may I suggest, just to maintain integrity when constructing rational, critical arguments? It is that, it would be a good idea to rationally analyse how humour works, and to restate/reintroduce the definition of what is 'funny', so we can get past the influences of gut feelings and instinctual mentality and develop a scientific study of humour in its various forms including subjective, subtle and anomalous.

Quote Azurisan21 said View Post
    Trying my best to be frankest and politest as possible, may I suggest, just to maintain integrity when constructing rational, critical arguments? It is that, it would be a good idea to rationally analyse how humour works, and to restate/reintroduce the definition of what is 'funny', so we can get past the influences of gut feelings and instinctual mentality and develop a scientific study of humour in its various forms including subjective, subtle and anomalous.
    Not appropriate to this thread Azu. Start a thread about humour.
    "History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government".
    -Thomas Jefferson

Burden of proof is the obligation on somebody presenting a claim to provide evidence to support its truth (a warrant). Once evidence has been presented, it is up to any opposing "side" to show the evidence presented is not adequate. If claims were accepted without warrants, then every claim could simultaneously be claimed to be true.

History isn't written by the victors. It's written by the people with the time machines.