Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello! I'm a passionate atheist, Anti-theist and reason crusader!

Default Re: Hello! I'm a passionate atheist, Anti-theist and reason crusader!

No alchohol? No promoiscuous sex? Well, each to his own.
    So why anti theist?
    "History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government".
    -Thomas Jefferson

Burden of proof is the obligation on somebody presenting a claim to provide evidence to support its truth (a warrant). Once evidence has been presented, it is up to any opposing "side" to show the evidence presented is not adequate. If claims were accepted without warrants, then every claim could simultaneously be claimed to be true.

History isn't written by the victors. It's written by the people with the time machines.

Oh and what makes me an anti theist? Many, many things. But one of the biggest reasons is how organized religion holds back scientific progress and promotes intolerance. It is the ultimate driving wedge, separating people from healthy interaction and mutual understanding.
    xXx

prudie is offline Like a supermod without the lycra Moderator

Hi xStraightEdgex
    Welcome aboard

)
    ΙΧΘΥΣ: Ah, prudie, the face that launched a thousand crypts.

Hey xstraightedgex,

I reckon you and Jim Jeffries would get along great

Welcome
    Chilax and enjoy

Welcome

Logic please is offline Some need an imaginary wingman Super Moderator

Mod note:

Ongoing discussions regarding Straight Edge have been moved to here, having extended well beyond the remit of a Welcome thread. People are still able to welcome the OP to the forum here, if desired.

Cheers.
    *Gods* are not only a legal fiction, but a fiction in every way. Just ask the nearest hippie...