Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are you reading AFTER the GAC?

I have taken God is not Great back in hand for a re-read. I need to spend some time inside Hitch's head.

Default Re: What are you reading AFTER the GAC?

Quote riddlemethis said View Post
    I have taken God is not Great back in hand for a re-read. I need to spend some time inside Hitch's head.
    I too have been planning on a revist. Have a few other books to get through first though.
    "Instead of being born again why don't you just grow up"

Quote BlueDevil said View Post
    I too have been planning on a revist. Have a few other books to get through first though.
    Alas I am in your boat. I have so many books I'd like to re-read but at the same time I have books piling up that I'm yet to read .

I finished reading The portable atheist.(Brilliant I recommend this book).
    Now I'm reading Victor Stenger God the failed hypothesis and next I will read Survivors by R. Fortey (paleantologist). as well as a shite load of other books from dennett, grayling, barker hanging in the wings

Dan Barker's 'Godless' How and Evangelical Preacher became one of America's leading Atheists - get inside the head of a Christian Fundy as told by a reformed one!
    "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence" - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Th3rdDigree said View Post
    Dan Barker's 'Godless' How and Evangelical Preacher became one of America's leading Atheists - get inside the head of a Christian Fundy as told by a reformed one!
    I too am reading this (about half way through). Chapter 7 - Omni-Aqueous where he deconstructs God's omnipotence, omniscience and omnibenevolence is a corker!

I'm gonna watch his debate with Dinesh D'Souza later tonight.

Both by Hitchens:

"God is not great"

and,

"The Missionary Position" (about Mother Theresa)

Given up writing, now reading Waleed Aly 'People like us'. Have determined that my worldview is based on viewing world. Aly has a wordview instead.

Finishing readin "The Physics of Star Trek" By Lawrence Krauss, then onto "God is not Great" after I catch up on some podcasts.
    "The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded... So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today." - Lawrence Krauss