Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Didn't we have a lovely time the day we went to the GAC2012

Smile Didn't we have a lovely time the day we went to the GAC2012

Well I'm on the plane heading back to Perth and will be posting this when I get home. Yesterday I was sad that such an awesome weekend was coming to an end. Today I'm thinking that I may not have been able to manage another day. I'm tired and a little fraying at the edges from the long lecture days. I suppose it is possible that it was nothing to do with the totally awe inspiring lectures and may have been caused by the late nights and obscene alcohol consumption.
    The chance to hear live and even though so extremely briefly speak with some truly inspiring people who are famed even outside of our far to small world of Atheism is clearly a chance for bragging rights. However, even more than this was the opportunity to meet with people who I have only known through their wonderful and incisive posts on the AFA forums. People that despite never knowing anything about me not only made me feel like a long lost friend but also as someone whose views are neither abnormal, absurd or abhorrent. I do not know if others also feel that their views are unwelcome by what seems like a far to large portion of the world. For me it was so hugely refreshing and invigorating and at the same time relaxing to be with people that seemed happy to hear what I had to say. Whether they agreed or not I guess is another matter.
    In closing I would like to thank everyone for making the whole weekend a time that like the birth of my children and my marriage to a wonderful woman will rank as one of best times of my life. Thank you all so very much. Please please please can people remind me of their forum and real life names so I can remember who I've met I am having little issue with the scary ones .

Default Re: Didn't we have a lovely time the day we went to the GAC2012

Dr not a gynaecologist but wish I were Mike! It was so lovely to meet you on the weekend! You swept me off my feet at the dinner! (no, really folks, he DID!) It was great that you could make the cross country trek & hopefully we can grab a beer the next time I'm visiting Perth or you're back in Melbourne. Cheers!

Hiya EDM, this is Annie by username and by real name. We chewed the cud on the rooftop many times.
    I am feeling the same as you and I often think it would be great to be able to bundle up all the wonderful people here and create our own little empire where we could be neighbours but that wouldn't be very healthy for us and we could be seen by some to be cultish. Thankfully we have the GACs and the get togethers to remind us were aren't alone in this world.
    It was great meeting you.

Sent from my iPad using my iBrain and iFingers.
    We are the daughters of the witches they weren't able to burn.

Quote riddlemethis said View Post
    Dr not a gynaecologist but wish I were Mike! It was so lovely to meet you on the weekend! You swept me off my feet at the dinner! (no, really folks, he DID!) It was great that you could make the cross country trek & hopefully we can grab a beer the next time I'm visiting Perth or you're back in Melbourne. Cheers!
    Cool that is all the information that I need to place you; thanks you for that. Not sure what happened but from memory the dinner seemed to last only 30mins either that or I only have about about 30mins worth of memories. I think I may have drank far to much. Also I think you're right I'd probably not enjoy gyno much at all. Many things seem good from a distance but not so much close up! I'm glad I have the rest of this week off as I am in no condition to go to work atm.
    It was lovely to meet you riddlemethis hopefully you'll not have the good sense to avoid me next time.

G'day EDM, the noisy neighbors from 017. Glad to have met you, we are considering a jaunt to the west around the summer solstice to catch family and friends. Now your on the list (you may regret that)
    "Here kitty, kitty, kitty ..." Erwin Schrodinger

Quote Annie said View Post
    Hiya EDM, this is Annie by username and by real name. We chewed the cud on the rooftop many times.
    I am feeling the same as you and I often think it would be great to be able to bundle up all the wonderful people here and create our own little empire where we could be neighbours but that wouldn't be very healthy for us and we could be seen by some to be cultish. Thankfully we have the GACs and the get togethers to remind us were aren't alone in this world.
    It was great meeting you.

Sent from my iPad using my iBrain and iFingers.
    I will never forget you mainly as you when I met you you were talking about one of my favorite subjects. To add to this you have a scary homicidal mod on your side . The rooftop drinking and chatting for me is a real highlight it combines my two best hobbies. Yes I know it's bit sad but I so much enjoy being able to talk with people about things of more significant than the latest boy band or reality TV show. Yes it is bad enough being called a religion without being seen as a cult.

Glossary
    cult == bad religion
    religion == good cult

Quote AUSloth said View Post
    G'day EDM, the noisy neighbors from 017. Glad to have met you, we are considering a jaunt to the west around the summer solstice to catch family and friends. Now your on the list (you may regret that)
    AUSloth yes I remember you and Mrs AUSloth (Lisa) . Definitely look me up nest time you are over here. If you like I can probably find some anti Vax and homeopathic lovers to entertain you. Since they are my wife's friends I am forbidden from commenting. Still it is humorous as they freely spout their conspiracy theories and magic assuming that everyone must agree with them.

Think you may know who I am

Will see ya soon for more interesting chats

I too, had a fabulous time. I can't imagine how it could have been better.
    Chilax and enjoy

Pretty sure I meet you (I meet SO MANY great people). In any case, everything about the convention was fantastic!

Quote askegg said View Post
    Pretty sure I meet you (I meet SO MANY great people). In any case, everything about the convention was fantastic!
    I've been You tubing Aronra this morning
    Chilax and enjoy