Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tasmania - Head Count

Default Re: Tasmania - Head Count

Quote ptah said View Post
    We (n=2) were there! All the way from sunny Hobart. Both 2010 and 2012. Just waiting with tapping foot for 2014.
    Thats great...sounds like it was a great weekend!!
    "So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet...celebrate it! After all...what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

I was there from Burnie and had an absolutely fantastic weekend. I was wondering if there were any others from the NW and if we wanted to get something started along the lines of the skeptics in Launceston & Hobart etc.

There's a launceston skeptics group. Bit of a drive from your 'hood though....?
    "So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet...celebrate it! After all...what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote CoachPedro said View Post
    There's a launceston skeptics group. Bit of a drive from your 'hood though....?
    Yeah. I knew about the Launceston group, friended them on FB a while back. I'm keen, after the conv, to get something going locally, if possible. Amazingly, after the GAC, and my talking about it, I've got at least 3-4 others at work that are interested (in an office of 40, 10%'s not bad).

I guess we need to aim to get all of the Tassie groups linked so that people can find it easy to locate other like minded people in their area.

I really hope there's another GAC. This time it'll be me and my better half...